Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: left channel/right channel switching on mixer not working

Default left channel/right channel switching on mixer not working

Hey guys, I have found a wierd problem with my setup.

Now i'm not a novice but thought it wise to seek some help before changng this that and the other around. The problem is, that when a song is playing, and on the mixer I shift it so that just the left speaker is on, it stays on both speakers, but when I shift it to just the right speaker, I lose sound alltogether. I have tried some thing, like changing the cables to the amp/speakers in case I got them mixed up but no change. There are a few switches on the amp but I don't want to break it somehow so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hey guys, I have found a wierd problem with my setup.

Now i'm not a novice but thought it wise to seek some help before changng this that and the other around. The problem is, that when a song is playing, and on the mixer I shift it so that just the left speaker is on, it stays on both speakers, but when I shift it to just the right speaker, I lose sound alltogether. I have tried some thing, like changing the cables to the amp/speakers in case I got them mixed up but no change. There are a few switches on the amp but I don't want to break it somehow so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay
    Have you done what I did once? Knocked a switch on the back of the amp so that the left channel goes to both sides, and only the left hand gain control works. You turn down the right hand one, and no difference. Then you do the left, and both sides go off. Set the amp back to stereo, and no probs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

are you using the rca sockets out of the mixer (red/white phono's) to amp with constant plugging and unplugging these are not the best of connectors.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

What mixer are you using?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

sorry guys for the late relpy. Tried another amp and all was fine, turned out there was a switch on the back of the amp that was set to "bridge", when I changed it to stereo it came good.

Ah the good old bridge mode converting the stereo signal to a mono and providing the extra oommpff. If it hadnt been that would have suggested you were running in mono mode.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

I refer my honourable friends to the sage reply from the smug old git suggesting pretty much that.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk