Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D2 Director - Virtualdj and karaoke

Default D2 Director - Virtualdj and karaoke

Hi,

does anyone know if it it is possible to utilise a Numark D2 Director with VirtualDJ and use the video/karaoke element of VirtualDJ.

Correct me if I am wrong the Numark D2 director does not support playback of CDG files and video.

I just thought that if I was to use virtualdj in conjunction with a D2 Director I could somehow use the D2 for Mp3's and then when I wanted to play a cdg file I could use the virtualdj for playback. But I guess that would mean that everytime I wanted to play karaoke out from VirtualDJ it would mean switching off the connection in the remote control settings. and pass the audio out via my usb soundcard. A lot of faffing about I guess.

I suppose I could just opt for a cortex1000 or 3000 and just use the laptop with virtualdj for karaoke - I don't think the cortex interfaces with Virtualdj.

Without spending buckets on a Pioneer MEP-7000 I cant see how I can achieve the end result.

Any suggestions greatfully received.
    Last edited by welby; 15-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Are you not using an external mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Are you not using an external mixer?
    Hi Yes I am - thinking just use the D2 Director as is (no pc interface controlling it) and then just use virtualDJ to play karaoke?

www.vip-disco.co.uk

I'm not understanding your problem here...

Is it because you need to have 2 separate soundcards?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I'm not understanding your problem here...

Is it because you need to have 2 separate soundcards?
    The problem is this:

Can I hook up a D2 Director with VirtualDJ (and control the D2) and play CDG files from within VirtualDJ without a lot of faffing about.

Seamless is what I am after. No clicking on this and that because I want to play mp3s on the D2 director and also, when required, to play karaoke on the Laptop using virtualDJ.

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    The problem is this:

Can I hook up a D2 Director with VirtualDJ (and control the D2) and play CDG files from within VirtualDJ without a lot of faffing about.

Seamless is what I am after. No clicking on this and that because I want to play mp3s on the D2 director and also, when required, to play karaoke on the Laptop using virtualDJ.
    Buy a controller for VDJ then and use the D2 for backup.

You can't use the D2 with VDJ. You can use a DAC-2, DAC-3, DMC-2, HC4500, HD2500 and a others including Numark and Behringer products.

If you bought an HC4500 for example, it has a built in sound card, so you could use your USB sound card with the D2.

Does that solve your problem or am I missing something?

No I don't think your missing something. I'm just not up on these things!! And I'm probably not making good sense of what I want to do, so apologies if I sound a tad confused! lol

The situation is that I want to remove the "relying on a laptop" to deliver the audio into my mixer for reasons of stability. I initially thought of a Cortex3000/1000 or something similar.

But the problem remains of playing karaoke digital files. I probably would keep the laptop in the loop for a back up player using an external sound card into the mixer.

Have I described it better? It doesn't help being tired from last nights gig!

www.vip-disco.co.uk

just an observation but if you are saying your laptop is not stable on the audio side how is it gonna manage grafix?

for my playout system i am using numark dds80 with seperate mixer, and i use a laptop and karma for karaoke and the audio comes via usb soundcard into mixer which the dds is also plugged into.
    with karma you can play mp3 and or mp3+g. comes in handy between singers.
    also carry a d2 and mixer in a flight case as back up.

back to your original post i agree with solitaire you will need a controller to run vdj
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Grab a DAC 3 for use with VDJ, i had a D2 but found it a bit fiddly to be honest with the smaller display screen so i like mentioned use it for back up - although touch would never had to rely on it yet..

as warned though your going to need a decent graphics card,ram etc, to run any visuals

external soundcard such as a maya 44 usb would be my recommendation also........

I would reccomend a Numark DMC-2 controller, Similar design to a D2 and you can also browse the folders on the pc so in effect you can use it like a D2. I have had one for around 2 years and never had a problem at all with it. Highly reccomended.