Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slappa CD Cases

They are good cases I started out with a 240 and recently went for the Slappa 600 trolly. Only used to hold the backup cd's these days since going digital
    If you can't convince them, confuse them

You just can’t beat these Slappa cases they are awesome. I have two and both in different colours so when someone asks for a track in the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s I go straight for my black case or 90’s to 2008 I go for the blue case. I tend to use them more for my sets than albums or singles.

The only problem I get is self inflicted as I have had the tendency to put the wrong CD’s in the wrong slot ie (dance anthems disc 3 vol 2 in Dance anthems disc 2 vol 3 etc).

I also have a four slot open style case for new tracks (Singles, Pro disc, DMC etc. then party, and the last two are dedicated to my Rock ‘N’ Roll.

The only thing I can recommend with your cases is to sort them out once and leave it alone. Even if they are not that well in order it is usually only you that needs to know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Good luck with it Ollie--as it happens two of the oldest Forum members ( which includes me) gave up CDs years ago and switched to digital.

Looking at those cases just makes me feel tired.

CRAZY K
    haha looking at record boxes makes me feel tired

back on topic, i have 4 of these cases and agree they are good value

I am still considering getting one, but can't decide how to arrange it, nor what to do with situations like quad disc sets etc.

Can I ask what the stickers are for Ollie, is it incase you loose one, you know it's 'number 147', or something?

Max

I have a 360 for my rock stuff, and it is an excellent piece of kit... and which has put one wallet in place of 3 big CD cases beforehand. However! The only negative thing that I have about it is:

- Now I have put all my rock / metal CDs into one wallet - if it got lost / stolen, it would cost me about £1500 to replace! Watch where you leave them...

Yep, I shall keep it away in the cupboard etc just as backup ... should my hdd(s) fail, and also because I own the discs, but shall probably not use them much anyway, once archived.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    I am still considering getting one, but can't decide how to arrange it, nor what to do with situations like quad disc sets etc.

Can I ask what the stickers are for Ollie, is it incase you loose one, you know it's 'number 147', or something?

Max
    Max, Instead of keeping the track listings, I just put the CDs in the case. I then created an excel document of every CDs track listings and gave each CD a number. I then numbered every 'window' in the wallet, and made sure it correponded with the disc number on excel. This then means when a song is requested, you can find it on the excel spreadsheet and it tells you the song title, artist, genre, year and where it is in the Slappa case. I now use digital though.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Great Info Ollie

What I did was set up my folder so I went from decades then other like rock, soul, disco, ect.

To find the tracks I used my laptop which had media monkey on there. You just upload the song ID3 tags to the program and you can search for the music you want when you want it. All you need to do is search for the track, flick through the CD folder and and pull the CD out. Simple.

Also this saves you having to set up an excel document. Providing you have ID3 tagged all your songs for personal use at home then your laughing.

Tom, I have recently imported some properly tagged files (using 'tag and rename') into ITunes, and it has not picked up the artwork, nor the artists, and seems to be displaying the filenames instead.

I know there's v.1 & v.2 etc, but not sure what it's all about.

Am I tagging them incorrectly, by any chance?