Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Karaoke with NO Presentation

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

A few weeks ago I done a karaoke for a fellow forum member which in my own opinion (and indeed it was) a disaster - we ALL have them. This forum member has remained professional and did not come on here slating me. (BTW I now personally do not do karaoke, and now awaits a report from said forum member )
    Huge respect to you for admitting it.Though to me there looks like there are some phenomonal DJ'S on here...... we must keep in mind that we are all capable of making it look as though we have never done the job before in our life.

However...I can't see why the phonemonal DJ's on here would indulge in 60 posts on socks and sauce... and condemn the OP... when all this poor guy wanted to do was talk about the shortcomings some of us have in the business.

To put it another way Martin. How would you feel to come across this forum...decide to join and realise whilst reading a thread that the DJ being slated was you?

There have been a number of occasions in the recent past (some members still sin-binned (patly because of this still im guessing)) that have rightly or wrongly "names and shamed" (even getting it wrong some times) and then the person in question had joined up...........
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    To put it another way Martin. How would you feel to come across this forum...decide to join and realise whilst reading a thread that the DJ being slated was you?
    Get where you're coming from .....However

It is unlikely that someone at that stage would be looking to join a forum....he'd be too busy kakking himself about the next function.

I have only joined in the last fortnight and fortunately have not recognised myself in any of the adverse descriptions.

I also realise that I have learnt a lot during my time and when I started I was making SOME of the mistakes mentioned by the OP.Hell....I even paid the price of going to a function with 1 amplifier!!!

My concern is that some of you seem so totally unaffected by the smoking ban....recession....Ipod DJ's.....Entertainment venues closing that you would desert a business thread to talk about sauce and socks....I think i'm impressed!!

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    My concern is that some of you seem so totally unaffected by the smoking ban....recession....Ipod DJ's.....Entertainment venues closing that you would desert a business thread to talk about sauce and socks....I think i'm impressed!!
    Don't want to sound cocky, but stick around and you will learn how to rise above these fears.

Also the sock/sauce threads - these were in the MDD Chat section, a place to chill out a bit, and personally would not count this thread as a 'business thread'.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Don't want to sound cocky, but stick around and you will learn how to rise above these fears.

Also the sock/sauce threads - these were in the MDD Chat section, a place to chill out a bit, and personally would not count this thread as a 'business thread'.
    Not sure that confident(or a similair word) and rise sit too well in the same sentence on here.

However I AM enjoying it and plan to stick around as long Darren will allow it.

What are use all like
    a bunch of old sweety wifes lol

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    don't see how cabling methods would effect him being legit or not, seen many rigs on here with poor cabling don't mean they are not legit operators. yes he would look better and be safer but just because they have untidy cables surely don't mean they must be downloading illegally.

i do agree we all should spend a lot more time worrying about our own shows and weakneses rather than worrying about joeblogs
    well said