Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good mixer to use

Quote Originally Posted by mark karaoke View Post
    just my opinion -but effects are essential to make the singers sound a bit better!!!
    Which effects would those be then?
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

I too use only powered mixers including the Dynacord 600s (although seem to be prone to clipping to easily) and 1000s, StudioMaster Vision 8, and my favourite is my modified Soundlab G742 (very cheap at £400 with a 1200w output but a few bits of electrical tweaking and additions and it's great!).

I've also got a Warrior one but I cannot remember the model at the moment. All good for karaoke as well as disco (especially in smaller venues). But make sure they're paired up with quality speakers.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DMX Will View Post
    The 200USB doesn't have effects.

it doesnt have any effects, but ive been using it for karaoke since it got it.

i worked in the same pub on sundays for three years doing karaoke, no one ever complained lol. The previous mixer to the Newmark was a Berhinger, it didnt have effects either.

personally, i hate echo when im singing (well attempting to sing). Everyone has there own opinion, some like it, some dont.
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

behringer ub1622fx all the way for us its been through all sorts and is easy to repair if the sliders go.

for the price the behringer mixers are very good.
    Digitalsounds Mobile Discos & Karaoke

You've Seen The Rest Now Book The Best !

www.digitalsounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I too use only powered mixers including the Dynacord 600s (although seem to be prone to clipping to easily) and 1000s, StudioMaster Vision 8, and my favourite is my modified Soundlab G742 (very cheap at £400 with a 1200w output but a few bits of electrical tweaking and additions and it's great!).

I've also got a Warrior one but I cannot remember the model at the moment. All good for karaoke as well as disco (especially in smaller venues). But make sure they're paired up with quality speakers.
    Your clipping a dynacord!!!!!! Ouch, don't forget this is only a 300w a side amp so i would have thought your not using much over 200w per side because if you are it will clip, as will someone screaming down your mic, or too much bottom.

I use the Powermate 1000 MK11 and it's as good as you get for what we do without going onto Midas or something.

Mackie do a fairly cheap unpowered desk too with effects i think it's a DFX12 and for a £200 - £300 its a nice little desk.

Studiomaster were fab in their day but are old now and there's better on the market.
    If it's sound quality and digital effects and you are going to be using it alot then why not splash out if you can afford and get a Dynacord, i'd argue with anyone about the sound quality of these machines, i've used them for 10 years now and never once have i had a break down.
    Put that darn stick down

effects for vocal would be echo and reverb--adds more body to a voice and stops it sounding thin---been doing karaoke regularly for a good few years and have yet to come across one person who prefers to sing with no effects!!
    Last edited by mark karaoke; 03-09-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark karaoke View Post
    effects for vocal would be echo and reverb--adds more body to a voice and stops it sounding thin---been doing karaoke regularly for a good few years and have yet to come across one person who prefers to sing with no effects!!

Maybe Scottish voices just sound better lol
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DMX Will View Post
    Which effects would those be then?
    The mute Button?

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalsounds View Post
    behringer ub1622fx all the way for us its been through all sorts and is easy to repair if the sliders go.

for the price the behringer mixers are very good
    The big FOH ones, oh yuss.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Ive got a small Alesis Multimix 8 that i dont use. Its hardly been used and has up to 4 mic inputs and effects if its any use to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jays karaoke View Post
    Your clipping a dynacord!!!!!! Ouch, don't forget this is only a 300w a side amp so i would have thought your not using much over 200w per side because if you are it will clip, as will someone screaming down your mic, or too much bottom.

I use the Powermate 1000 MK11 and it's as good as you get for what we do without going onto Midas or something.

Mackie do a fairly cheap unpowered desk too with effects i think it's a DFX12 and for a £200 - £300 its a nice little desk.

Studiomaster were fab in their day but are old now and there's better on the market.
    If it's sound quality and digital effects and you are going to be using it alot then why not splash out if you can afford and get a Dynacord, i'd argue with anyone about the sound quality of these machines, i've used them for 10 years now and never once have i had a break down.
    Hi there,

I have just got a Dynacord 1000 mk III. Can you recommend what speakers to match up with it? Prefer just tops if that's possible and passive or active?

Many thanks

Pauline