Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: juke box needed

Default juke box needed

I,m getting fed up with playlists that contain enough tunes to last 5 hours.
    I might aswel buy a juke box set it up and go home. Its getting really boring!

yes it is
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be

A lot of the time customers write down all the favourites they can think of, then get other family and friends to do likewise, with little regards to the amount of tracks listed in relation to the duration of the function.

We see that fairly often!

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL
    A lot of the time customers write down all the favourites they can think of, then get other family and friends to do likewise, with little regards to the amount of tracks listed in relation to the duration of the function.

We see that fairly often!
    once you get rid of the crap they list. (Like 15 "wet wet wet" tracks & about 100 tracks you can't actually play because you can only play about an hours worth of slow stuff in a row), you can turn a long boring playlist into a working disco list, provided your customer understands that people get bored listening to stuff you'd see on "the best love song album in the world... ever" all night when they really want to dance on the tables & party.

try telling the bride her music is crap and will ruin the evening. On the bright side they have said in no particular order.. CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    try telling the bride her music is crap and will ruin the evening. On the bright side they have said in no particular order.. CHEERS!
    this is why you should meet the happy couple to explain that in order for the night to go to plan, you can physically play around 12 tracks an hour & in a 5 hour show you will not get 500 tracks in (simple maths), so you have to select the best stuff to play the best from the list & still allow some spare time for requests on the night.

If you play all songs from the playlist without being able to ad-lib on a few of the choices & go from your experience, then it normally ends up with a series of "nobody enjoyed themselves, you didn't do what we asked" when it comes to paying you the money, yet any silly sod can do as they are told.

I've done these nights where you are told to play tracks from just the playlist & quite frankly it just makes you look stupid. people come up asking for requests, then you have to explain why you can't take requests, but it's not the person who wrote the list in the wrong, it's you that's in the wrong.

As far as I'm concerned now I don't take playlists... if i do I say pick 10-15 tracks tops that you really must have played & a list of songs you don't want played. it normally works better that way.

After all, it's their wedding, but it's only their first... to an experienced DJ it could be his 100th.... if you get what i mean.

You don't hire a builder to come & do up your house then stand there telling him how to do his job & saying you have 4 hours to strip & re-plaster all the walls in 9 rooms when you know it will probably take him all nearly day to do just one room.

I limit customers to 20 max in a night most of the time they are regulars always wanted. This is why I never list the tunes I have on my site absolute waste of time people are booking a disco which letter in the word disco do they not understand. Im not radio 1 nor do I carry there catalogue of top 100,000 tunes although I probably have it. considering I regularly carry 50,000 on average

It amazed me today when someone asked me for samples of my night (which part do they want me to send?????) no answers please????

Yes wolfie the net has gained me 2 enquiries this week strangely

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    As far as I'm concerned now I don't take playlists... if i do I say pick 10-15 tracks tops that you really must have played & a list of songs you don't want played.
    This may account for the fact that work is a bit thin on the ground for you at the moment.

Take a long play list, tell the punter that there is only enough time for a certain ammount of tracks in so many hours & that you will use your experience to cherry pick the ones that get the best reactions & sort out the order. From experience with our clients they appreciate the fact that you are trying to shape their function into something their guests will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    You don't hire a builder to come & do up your house then stand there telling him how to do his job & saying you have 4 hours to strip & re-plaster all the walls in 9 rooms
    No, but you do tell them what you want in the first place, I wouldn't trust anyone else's taste for any work I wanted done on my home, why would I want a DJ to "do their own thing" at my party?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Doing a series of gigs for a group of 18year olds at the moment and they are quite partial to the 100+ songs on a playlist idea. I have been VERY accomodating with them - probably too accomodating - but wont be making a habit of it. This crowd keep booking me tho so have to keep the status quo with them.

Edinburgh, Lothian and the Borders.
    Email.
    [email protected]

I’m just against these play lists. Yes maybe ask if I could include a few favourites, but don’t plan my night for me. The evening should be for all to enjoy. How can I play to the crowd when basically I could put the disco onto auto for four hours.
    I’m seriously thinking of buying a juke box, hooking it up to my amp and let the client choose the order of music.
    So as per original post JUKE BOX REQUIRED.