Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortex at BPM...

Default Cortex at BPM...

I'm still gutted I didn't make it.

But anyway, I'm hoping that someone who did go can tell me if Cortex were planning on making any big announcements about their next generation of HDC product? Or if they were just touting the same range as they have been for the last two years?

I hope someone gave them a kick in the nuts if they were

Julian

Nothing new planned.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

All I saw on their stand were the current range of players.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I'm still gutted I didn't make it.

But anyway, I'm hoping that someone who did go can tell me if Cortex were planning on making any big announcements about their next generation of HDC product? Or if they were just touting the same range as they have been for the last two years?

I hope someone gave them a kick in the nuts if they were

Julian
    'Fraid so.
    I had a word in their ear. I might as well have talked to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    Nothing new planned.
    From a man who knows. At this rate, with Numark pulling products like a closing down sale, and no support or R&D at Cortex, soon the only choice will be Deaf Denons, or Pocket busting Pioneers.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    From a man who knows. At this rate, with Numark pulling products like a closing down sale, and no support or R&D at Cortex, soon the only choice will be Deaf Denons, or Pocket busting Pioneers.
    They just can't compete!

Denon had the chance to pull out all the stops and launch a new DNHD unit, but they only launched a Serato Itch controller instead
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    They just can't compete!

Denon had the chance to pull out all the stops and launch a new DNHD unit, but they only launched a Serato Itch controller instead
    There's a hole in the market the size of the Grand Canyon. Why oh why isn't somebody plugging it? Cortex had a wishlist on their site, where folk asked for features on the next gen kit. Bet we don't see that hit the shops.

I'm tempted to do a Nigel, and design my own.

The pioneers were nice!
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

There's a hole in the market the size of the Grand Canyon. Why oh why isn't somebody plugging it? Cortex had a wishlist on their site, where folk asked for features on the next gen kit. Bet we don't see that hit the shops.
    I've been wondering that. I get the feeling the R&D costs are prohibitive compared to producing a pure software product coupled with a USB/Midi based controller.

I'm tempted to do a Nigel, and design my own.
    ..after all, the Numark DDS is based mostly around open source software so in theory you could write your own software product and couple it with a Midi interface. But that's already starting to sound a lot harder than buying Virtual DJ

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I've been wondering that. I get the feeling the R&D costs are prohibitive compared to producing a pure software product coupled with a USB/Midi based controller.

..after all, the Numark DDS is based mostly around open source software so in theory you could write your own software product and couple it with a Midi interface. But that's already starting to sound a lot harder than buying Virtual DJ

Julian
    Virtual DJ?!
    I'll have you know I'm the real thing. I press buttons, not click mice.

PS if I understood any of what you posted, I'd be able to comment.

At this rate, with Numark pulling products like a closing down sale, and no support or R&D at Cortex, soon the only choice will be Deaf Denons, or Pocket busting Pioneers.
    Incidentally, I've had informal confirmation that Numark aren't pulling the DDS or DDS80 range of products, it's actually retailers pulling them or selling them off due to lack of demand. The word from our local supplier is that quite a few retailers bought a stack of DDS80's when they first came out and have been watching them gather dust in the store room while the much cheaper 3U DDS standalone unit is the one which has been selling, hence the heavy discounting to get shot of them before they devalue completely (After all, who wants to pay £350 for a USB CDROM drive and a tiny 80Gb HDD?). But Numark themselves are still making and selling the units.

Julian