Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notebook?

Question Notebook?

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone D.J with a notebook? Im about to go digital and i don't know if i should get a traditional laptop or a notebook. Any recommendations?
    (I did search the forum for this subject and didnt find it, sorry if i missed it and started an unneccesary new thread)
    Thanks.

I dont use a notebook , but I cannot see why they cannot be used , but then again I use a external monitor ,mouse,keyboard with a laptop , I tend to think you would use that for a notebook as well.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I dont use a notebook , but I cannot see why they cannot be used , but then again I use a external monitor ,mouse,keyboard with a laptop , I tend to think you would use that for a notebook as well.

Daryll
    Hi Daryll,
    What are the benefits of using the external monitor etc.?
    Thanks for reply.

I think that the notebook would be too small, I have one at work and I'm forever knocking the wrong key (could also be due to my large hands!)
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    I think that the notebook would be too small, I have one at work and I'm forever knocking the wrong key (could also be due to my large hands!)
    Good point, but how much would i be using the keys for djing? perhaps for the odd track search but it would really just be the mouse pad i would be using surely?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevus View Post
    Hi Daryll,
    What are the benefits of using the external monitor etc.?
    Thanks for reply.

at my age my eyes are not as good , my lappy has a 15" screen , the external has a 19" screen , to me , that makes a big difference.
    one other advantage , if Mr punter spills a drink , having the laptop/notebook under the top shelf helps keep it dry , and adds a small amount of protection.

Name:  rigback.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  144.7 KB

Laptop is on the bottom shelf , out of (most) harms way/

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    at my age my eyes are not as good , my lappy has a 15" screen , the external has a 19" screen , to me , that makes a big difference.
    one other advantage , if Mr punter spills a drink , having the laptop/notebook under the top shelf helps keep it dry , and adds a small amount of protection.

Name:  rigback.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  144.7 KB

Laptop is on the bottom shelf , out of (most) harms way/

Daryll
    Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind.

Apart from the screen maybe being too small, beware that you may be pushing it a bit processor wise. That will depend very much on your application of choice.
    If you are using video or maybe doing lots of scratching, looping and the like, it will take more power than simply playing tunes back to back.

Check the minimum spec required by your software.
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

i use a notebook for the day job and use a lappy myself for home and djing use.

Personally I dont think the notebook would last long with all that data on there. Its slow on some web based apps and Im sure it wont be working this time next year. Could be wrong but thats my thoughts.

Plus notebooks dont have cd drives so your wanting to burn to mp3....... you cant
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Can someone explain in simple terms what is the difference between a "laptop" and a "notebook" computer?

I thought the really small computers were called "palmtops" or PDAs and that "laptop" and "notebook" were two names for the size of computer you can put in a briefcase or bag?

Keep it simple for the old dinosaur