Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Protecting your monitors

Default Protecting your monitors

I've just taken delivery of my first 19" LCD TV that will be used for karaoke/Visuals/Music Video's and i was thinking what's the best way to protect the screens during transportation and storage?

So i was wondering what do you guys use?

Original box? Flightcase? Bag? Laptop Case? Other?

I was going to purchase this case until i found out the dimensions were wrong
    http://cpc.farnell.com/arriba-cases/...ase/dp/DP30871
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Martin Big Bag from Thomann

I've got a couple of those foam-lined polypropylene cases - can't remember where I bought them but you can get them in huge sizes - think I paid about £20 each and they've lasted ages. I like these because they're deep enough that you can leave bracketry on the back.

http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk...p?groupID=2390

Hard flightcases always provide the best protection, however the level of protection required is essentially influenced by your typical method/s of transport.

A soft bag will be as useful as a chocolate teapot to protect a plasma against having a cable trunk slammed into it in the back of a large van or truck, however if it's being packed carefully in an estate car, the bag will probably be ideal, in fact the flightcase will be more likely to damage the car upholstery!

Horses for courses.

I was looking for something for 2 x 22" Monitors I bought the other week and was looking everywhere but thought prices were a bit steep at the time. Then I remembered that I have a Coffin Case that I used to have 2 x Pioneer CDJ's in and a mixer so I did a little bit of customization (took the dividers out and a bit of the foam from the sides and yes! both monitors fit in side by side perfectly. The only thing is that I have to put the brackets on them as the lid won't close with them on but hey, that takes 2 minutes - job done!

i use 15" monitors for the singers on karaoke -- and carry them in laptop cases but you might struggle to get a laptop case big enough for a 19" monitor