Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the object of led uplighting ?

This is weird but I was looking for this thread earlier. I have had a nightmare day today setting up for tonights wedding.
    The enquiry came in early last year and at the time I only had 4 weddings with only 1 of them being in July so I was slightly worried. The Bride & Groom for this wedding were on a tight budget and weren't sure about the price so I added in Uplighting free of charge (I know....donut!).

The function tonight is in a school hall. There are hardly any power sockets along the sides of the walls (plenty on stage) so I have had to run extension leads and have daisy chained the LEDJ's with IEC Splitters. It actually looks very nice and I have made it look as tidy as I can but it took me 90 minutes to do 16 units which is much longer than it would normally take. I know the hall well but have never done Uplighting in there before so was very surprised to see hardly any wall sockets.

Another thing aswell... I set up all of the equipment. More or less the same as last night as the caretaker said to me to keep the bass down because it's quite residential so I decided not to take the bass bins again. I plugged everything in and all was well.....apart from the Crown Amp. It wouldn't power on. I tried a number of different kettle leads and still nothing so made the trip home (5 minute drive) to get the active speakers. When I got back to the venue I tried a socket at the front of the stage and the Crown worked!! I decided to set up both the Active and JBL's as the doubt was put in my mind but it's probably something silly. I reckon I have blown a fuse in one of the kettle leads I was using for the Crown.

Thanks guys for all your advice Am glad I have joined MDD all advice on here is very valuable