Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lazer Djs

OK.

First thing is the music page. It doesn't really say what kind of tunes you have and play. Also 100Gb of Mp3 tracks will probably mean nothing to most people - I would maybe put it in terms of numbers of tracks, but having said that I'm not actually whether people will be interested in that either!

The picture on the welcome page doesn't realy look like anything and is a bit abstract (unless it's supposed to be!)

Thjere is also way too much emphasis on equipment. People buy you, and not the gear. How about more info on what your company and DJs can do for the customer, and the sort of service you can provide.

Also putting makes of equipment is generally a waste of time as people who book functions don't want or need to know about that. The clients who do have a minimum standard of equipment requirements would generally be the corporate sector and without wishing to be rude, probably wouldn't be booking a DJ using Prosound/Maplin equipment.

Gallery: A lot of pictures which just look like a mish mash of lights and not many people dancing. Maybe pictures of people enjoying themselves rather than lights may be a good idea?

Having siad all that, it is a well laid out site, which is easy to read and navigate. I just think you need to change the content to make it a bit more customer friendly, as what you currrently have seems to be aimed at other DJs, who would be interested in what gear you are using.

I hope you don't think me rude, but this is my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerdjs
    We are based in Northwood, near Watford. North-west London just inside the M25.
    Welcome along to the Forum guys ............ and not too far from me either.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd

I hope you don't think me rude, but this is my honest opinion.

And he really is an honest geezer ......................

(he's the one on the left !)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

Blimey, so...so far I've been compared to Mel Smith, John Thompson, Max, Andrew Ridgely....

A man of many faces... (or should that be faeces!)

Thanks for your comments, I am always intrested in the opinions of other people in the same industry. Especially as you are obviously well established within the industry judging by your website etc.

As you may have read Lazer DJs was only established as an official company last year and has been growing since then. Our equipment does by no means refelct our knowledge as the bussiness was started purely to fund a growing hobby.

Both of us have worked on large scale theatrical and musical events using interfaces designed by the likes of zero88 as standard. Currently our main operational lighting board is a zero88 Frog 2 (some of you may know it), a board at the top of its league leading the future of inteligent lighting and computer interfaces within theatre. We are also 2 of only a few people worldwide to have full training with such systems.

As for Lazer DJs... it continues to grow. In my opinion the lighting rig we have at present (whatever you might think) still compeats with some of the top competiters and produces a much better dance floor than some local disc jokey with his 2 lightboxers, sequencers and tacky moonflower effects. Even if they are made by a top company. The Geni Mojo inteligent fixtures we use are still at the top of there game. There are ofcourse plenty of fixtures out there which are far better considering power etc. but for the price I trully believe in them. The prosound sound equipment has also beaten our expetations. Again for the price the system is incredable and has served us well but we are considering an upgrade in the near future, especially as we probably do require some bass bins.

And as for your comment that there is too much emphasis on our equipment. I disagree. Many of our customers do become genuinely intrested in this as many DJs do not give details. They like the fact that what they see is what they get. Honesty is very important. Too many DJs these days simpley state that a suitable light show will be provided. What does this mean?? A few light boxes... a familar site!

But anyway... i seem to have got carried away in the spirit of things as I often do! Thanks again for your comments. The music page is definatly about to be changed. Its content is only tempory. We hope to add a full music catalogue soon. The equipment i have explained and the photos are down to the same good old excuse. The camera always seems to end up left behind!
    www.LazerDJs.co.uk

DJ Hire | Mobile Discos/Clubs | Sound & Lighting Hire | PA Hire | Band/Theatre Lighting | Intelligent Lighting | Lasers | Atmospherics

...and as for our upgrades

We are currently looking at the following equipment. Any of your opinions or recomendations would be appreciated.

- Good all round sound system with strong low to high response. As compact as possible and a reasonable price.

- Inteligent moving head fixtures. We ofcourse have a good knowledge of the industry standards include martin macs etc but what do people recomend for an on the road DJ.

- LED mood bars. Which are the best? are there any good cheaper options rather than the specificly designed £200 ones!

- Low fog... a new craze becoming very popular as a replacement to the good old dry ice.

All your comments or opinions of any of the above would be appreciated. Would also be intrested in any good retails people know...

thanks!
    www.LazerDJs.co.uk

DJ Hire | Mobile Discos/Clubs | Sound & Lighting Hire | PA Hire | Band/Theatre Lighting | Intelligent Lighting | Lasers | Atmospherics

Blimey, so...so far I've been compared to Mel Smith, John Thompson, Max, Andrew Ridgely....

A man of many faces... (or should that be faeces!)
    Dont you mean farces
    For Karaoke & Discos in Torbay & South Devon
    http://www.starmaker2000disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by lazerdjs
    ...and as for our upgrades

We are currently looking at the following equipment. Any of your opinions or recomendations would be appreciated.

- Good all round sound system with strong low to high response. As compact as possible and a reasonable price.

- Inteligent moving head fixtures. We ofcourse have a good knowledge of the industry standards include martin macs etc but what do people recomend for an on the road DJ.

- LED mood bars. Which are the best? are there any good cheaper options rather than the specificly designed £200 ones!

- Low fog... a new craze becoming very popular as a replacement to the good old dry ice.

All your comments or opinions of any of the above would be appreciated. Would also be intrested in any good retails people know...

thanks!
    The PA i use for small shows....
    http://www.voidaudio.com/product_detail.asp?id=46

I'm not sure you can get a cheaper LED option than the Zoom version.

In terms of moving heads, the better I Solution ones (I move 8 i think) look pretty good.

We use the old Antari Low Fogger, but it's a pain as you need to keep filling it with ice and draining away the water. Save up for a Jem Glaciator :teeth:

Jamie

I still maintain that you overusing the equipment angle Lazer.

The whole of your last post was about gear.

It is important, but not as important as you are making out.

When people book other services, do they ask what kind of gear they use? Eg: electrician, plumber, painter, mechanic, band etc etc. The list goes on.

I have talked to very few clients about equipment in the 20+ years I have been trading as very few even ask about it, and if they do, what do you think they'd say if I started talking about diachroic lamps and what the RMS rating of speakers was? They'd have no idea!

Sell yourself and not your gear and it will pay dividends.

I still maintain that you overusing the equipment angle Lazer.

The whole of your last post was about gear.

It is important, but not as important as you are making out.

When people book other services, do they ask what kind of gear they use? Eg: electrician, plumber, painter, mechanic, band etc etc. The list goes on.

I have talked to very few clients about equipment in the 20+ years I have been trading as very few even ask about it, and if they do, what do you think they'd say if I started talking about diachroic lamps and what the RMS rating of speakers was? They'd have no idea!

Sell yourself and not your gear and it will pay dividends.

Ofcourse my last post was about gear... because this is a forum with other DJs on it! I ofcourse do not rattle on about those kinda things to my clients. But I will be making some revisions to our website in the near future along with our setups as we have been planning.

Thanks for you advice Darren... and I hope you don't mind me having a good read of your website sometime in the near future :teeth:

cheers, Olly
    www.LazerDJs.co.uk