Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from a new-ish member!

Cool Hi from a new-ish member!

Hi

I actually joined this site a little over a year ago but have only just got round to looking into message boards.

I am based in St Albans, Herts and have recently taken on a few DJing gigs. My background is nightclub DJing, which I started doing about 12 years ago. Whilst I have been DJing for ages I am new to mobile DJing.

Can anyone out there give me some information about lights? I currently have 2 chauvet box lights (not sure of their proper name but they each have 4 lamps). I am aware that this is woefully inadequate but in the 12 months since I started mobile DJing, no-one has ever commented! I'd be grateful for any advice regarding a basic setup. I know almost nothing about lighting and am looking for something that looks adequate and is value for money as I have an extremely tight budget.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Hi Dan. welcome (back) to the forum.

For a tight budget I would recommend getting a couple of mushrooms.

They kick out 300watt of multicoloured beams and provide a wide light throw on the dancefloor. They cost around £50 each. Do a 'google' for them.

Once again...welcome back

Or a bit more expensive, but very bright are NJD Datamoons - around £100 each, but 250w and dmxable.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

I love Datamoons!

Oh, hi Dan.
    Musique Mobile Discos people make a party!
    http://www.musiquemobilediscos.co.uk

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

As has been mentioned, the NJD Datamoons are a good effect for the money, as are the EVL Spins priced at £250 pair. Are you looking for moonflower effects of scanning ones?

Once again, a warm welcome to you!
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dapper-dan75
    Hi

I actually joined this site a little over a year ago but have only just got round to looking into message boards.

I am based in St Albans, Herts and have recently taken on a few DJing gigs. My background is nightclub DJing, which I started doing about 12 years ago. Whilst I have been DJing for ages I am new to mobile DJing.

Can anyone out there give me some information about lights? I currently have 2 chauvet box lights (not sure of their proper name but they each have 4 lamps). I am aware that this is woefully inadequate but in the 12 months since I started mobile DJing, no-one has ever commented! I'd be grateful for any advice regarding a basic setup. I know almost nothing about lighting and am looking for something that looks adequate and is value for money as I have an extremely tight budget.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
    would suggest Chavet Pizzazz / martin T rex these are basically the same the later have less gobos cover rooms brilliantly and are now fairly cheap. keep your eyes out for PSL Gobostars very reliable light effect old but are still in production You could pick some up for about £50 each for earlier models but newer versions are about £200 a throw

only buy what you can afford but buy quality products that you can rely on..

Others on here wil have different opinions compared to mine, but its down to what your local disco shops supply. dont get suckered into buying unless they can fix the lighting in house. and have a look at previous threads on lighting judge it for yourself mate PS hi

Hi Dan,

Welcome back to the fold, from a near neighbour.

Can I suggest the EVL or Acme (I-solution) ranges may be for you.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

Welcome Dan

If you're on a small ish budget the wildtech Kaleido is nice & bright covers a big area & is reltivly cheap.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the Mania range from Martin. The EF1i, EF2 and EF3 are around £100 each, and great effects for the money.

The datamoon (as already mentioned) is also a good choice.

Jamie

Hi Dan, and welcome to the forum (from another fairly-close neighbour!) :teeth: