Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed What stand do I buy?

Default Help Needed What stand do I buy?

Hi There

Have been away from the forum for a while now had some stuff to sort out.
    I am about to purchase my first DJ Equipment stand and need some help from people who know about these things
    At the moment I use a Pasting table which I modified (quite well), but now with more and more gigs coming in it's time for me to get a little more professional.

I have narrowed it down to 2 options the “Giraffe DJ Trussing Stand G112” and the “KAM KDJ-4T 4 Foot DJ Stand With Lighting T- Bar”
    Here are the links to both on DJ Superstore

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/KAM-KDJ4T

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/item/d...ing-stand-g112

I can’t find any reviews on either product, from what I can see from the web site the Giraffe looks a better option as the light bar is a truss and looks to be very strong and looks like it might hold weight better. I have a pair of Martin mx4’s which are not the lightest scanner on the market.
    There is of course £50 difference in the price and if I could get away with the Kam I would probably go for that all my other lights are LED so no weight in them so to speak.

As I live in Northern Ireland there are not to many disco supply shops where I can go take a look before I buy so I have to get from the internet.
    I would really appreciate some help from someone who has either of these products or knows more about them to help me make my mind up.
    Cheers
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & SPROG
    ANDREW JAMES DISCO ROADSHOW - Northern Ireland
    www.ajthedj.co.uk [email protected]

buy an ultimax excellent stands will outlast both of the ones you are considering,plus if you manage to break anything on an ultimax spares are available
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by sprog View Post
    As I live in Northern Ireland there are not to many disco supply shops where I can go take a look before I buy so I have to get from the internet.
    Not sure how close you are to Belfast but when I lived in Belfast I spent alot of time (& money) with these guys

Eclipse Disco Centre
    139-145 Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, County Antrim BT4 3HX
    028 9047 2977

Give them a call or pop down and see them very helpful blokes
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I own the kamstand and its not a bad stand to be honest the only downfall is how the lighting bars join together but it does hold a fair bit of weight and is quite robust mate but if you have the funds id also advise on a ultimax stand (wish i had waited to get one now)

Cheers Dave
    Dave

I've had on of those Giraffes AND a Kam stand mate and although they were ok they really didn't stand up to the rigours of life on the road.

All I'm going to say is spend that extra bit of money and go for Ultimax all the way, I wish I had just bought Ultimax in the first place TBH
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Try doing a search please, as this topic has been done several times.

Every topic pretty much comes to the same conclusion - buy an Ultimax now and it'll last you forever, or buy something cheaper and you'll probably end up buying an ultimax in a couple of years, when it breaks.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Every topic pretty much comes to the same conclusion - buy an Ultimax now and it'll last you forever, or buy something cheaper and you'll probably end up buying an ultimax in a couple of years, when it breaks.
    Spot On Danno - Nuff Said
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I had the giraffe one for two and a half years and it was still holding together when I upgraded to the DSB.

I would say if budget can go as far as the S&H then do so but I wouldnt use anything by KAM and expect it to last more than five minutes
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I wouldnt use anything by KAM and expect it to last more than five minutes
    id have to disaggree as mine is still as it was when i bought it minus the paint and thats after alot of abuse lol also my backup mixer is a kam pro mixer and is has also took alot of abuse and still going strong (will apolagise next week when it breaks)

Cheers Dave
    Dave

I have the Giraffe stand, never had a problem with it in 5 years.

Take care of your equipment, and it will take care of you.
    Steve