Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireworks triggered by music

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Ah.... that's starting to clear some fog!

Might be worth running this past your Insurance people--just to be safe in view of the unusual type of activity and the attitude of Insurers these days

Also how much PLI do they want--they would have very high cover I would imagine in their business.

At this point in time, I'm not even sure that we're going to be able to give them what they want.

However, I can't see how it would affect our PLI in any way (care to elaborate? ) ..... although it might be a good idea for US to ask for a copy of THEIR PLI!

I have no idea how it works but have done it,if that makes sense.
    Process went like this put music required on memory stick (10 min) send to firework company they then gave me a cd on the night i played cd and gave them a signal feed out of the mixer which they fed into there system .

It worked perfect but don,t ask me how

At this point in time, I'm not even sure that we're going to be able to give them what they want.

However, I can't see how it would affect our PLI in any way (care to elaborate? ) ..... although it might be a good idea for US to ask for a copy of THEIR PLI!
    Simple--an incident occurs involving a nasty accident involving fireworks--there was one over here at Wicksteed Park where Steve and I are working next month--

As a result of an "accident" people were badly injured---as a result they stopped having Firework displays for a while--nasty injuroes to people--

I just think in this rotten claim culture we have presently anyone will try suing anyone--especially if they get free legal aid--so best to be sure your covered--dont ask me how they would make you liable--they just make it up and have a go no win no fee--obviously you need a defence lawyer from the Insurance Co.

The lady currently claiming against Simon Cowell for loss of earnings because he said she could not sing is a classic example--but he has to pay lawyers to fight it ridiculous as it is.

Just my view

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I have no idea how it works but have done it,if that makes sense.
    Process went like this put music required on memory stick (10 min) send to firework company they then gave me a cd on the night i played cd and gave them a signal feed out of the mixer which they fed into there system .

It worked perfect but don,t ask me how
    Hi Tony

Can you recall how you linked from your mixer to their system?

Hi Tony

Can you recall how you linked from your mixer to their system?
    Hi ,just took a pair of XLRs off booth output quite long which they plugged into there system all they seem to need is master signal of what you are playing as all the info must be on the cd they gave me.

OK - Thanks..... that sounds simple enough!!!

Still waiting for the firework company to contact us, but I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

If all they need is XLRs, not sure why client is talking about phantom power, etc ....unless, of course, they were trying to explain THEIR system to him, rather than stating what they needed from us? Hopefully, all will become clear when we actually get to speak to them. Just wanted to have a little background info before they called so that we could be a little bit prepared..... THANKS EVERYONE!

They will want to do one of 3 things.
    1) you send them audio in which they let the fireworks off too - they will just need a feed so they can here the music - this is the most common

2) they send you audio so they are self contained

3) you send them a time code feed which you won't have the kit to do and is a very rare thing even on the big shows.

It will more than Lilly they just want a feed to a monitor that they have so they can here the music.

Angela, i've already posted a picture of my chief technical officer with the detonator, here's the head of IT, programming a particularly tricky routine into the touch screen laptop. ( He has to do that sort of thing, it's way too advanced for me. You can tell that by the baffled expression I'm wearing. )

They're both available for advice if needed, for a reasonable fee.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Is that a laptop I see?

Whoaaaa Peter...you've certainly moved with the times!