Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Player Laptop??

Indeed Peter, its vital I think to have a laptop just for your djing controls. With the music database on the same drive you dont want your machine working overtime to run other apps too.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Yep...Ive a stripped out laptop. With Serato, and a few other porgrams, if the program crashes/freezes/whatever, it continues to play the track to the end. Ive only ever had this happen once, and i was beta testing an update in my local residency. Quick change over to a cd, and Ctrl/Alt/Del and end program, then restarted and all was well.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Yep...Ive a stripped out laptop. With Serato, and a few other porgrams, if the program crashes/freezes/whatever, it continues to play the track to the end. Ive only ever had this happen once, and i was beta testing an update in my local residency. Quick change over to a cd, and Ctrl/Alt/Del and end program, then restarted and all was well.

Now you mentioned that reminded me.

Having used my denon dns 3500's for my first year I remember twice where it just stopped mid song for no reason.

Now considering laptop hasnt had any such events in its 2 years of being used says it all really.

Naturally I carry back up so if it happeaned again I should have music on again within ten seconds.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

By eck!!! I'm off to light me oil lamps and put some more coal on fire!!!

I better get saving for dj laptop then!!

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post

If you get a laptop.... get some decent software to run on it.

And dont forget ProDub...or the way round it which im doing is to keep using the CDs for the old material, and download direct to external harddrive for new stuff you puyrchase. In time the CDs will be completely replaced and i wont have needed the ProDub licence. ... although £100 for 1-1000 isnt exactly daylight robbery.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I had a similar mindset to your OP before using it but.........
    All of your musical database at the touch of your fingers means you can change songs to suit the dancefloor much quicker and when I get to a gig and had a scan around of the crowd I go through my music collection early doors as add songs that I think will work to the playlist. Then later on I can play them or avoid them if they arent the way to go.

I got so fed up of driving home and thinking "oh I should of played such and such a tune that would of been perfect"

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I had a similar mindset to your OP before using it but.........
    All of your musical database at the touch of your fingers means you can change songs to suit the dancefloor much quicker and when I get to a gig and had a scan around of the crowd I go through my music collection early doors as add songs that I think will work to the playlist. Then later on I can play them or avoid them if they arent the way to go.

I got so fed up of driving home and thinking "oh I should of played such and such a tune that would of been perfect"
    I have tried using my laptop but as mentioned it needs to be used only for djying.
    As for pro dub licence yes it's great but when I went on the site I was a bit confused about the prices on there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Naturally I carry back up so if it happeaned again I should have music on again within ten seconds.
    Ten seconds? Ten seconds? Ten seconds? That's only nine too long.

Even with my fading reflexes, it doesn't take long to push every fader up to the top, and hit play on everything within range.

I have tried using my laptop but as mentioned it needs to be used only for djying.
    As for pro dub licence yes it's great but when I went on the site I was a bit confused about the prices on there.
    Never mind the prices, try making sense of the rules. You'll be absolutely baffled!!!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ten seconds? Ten seconds? Ten seconds? That's only nine too long.

Even with my fading reflexes, it doesn't take long to push every fader up to the top, and hit play on everything within range.
    Ten seconds being the worse case scenario yes. I usually have a song all ready to go so should be good to go within a second or two.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Main problem with a laptop is that if you use a laptop you aren't a proper DJ
    Thats why you should use a media player.