Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The like of which . . . the world has never seen the like of which!!

I think being able to mix has a knock on effect because it gets you thinking more about stringing tracks together with similiar musical elements be it of the same genre,bpm,key,tempo etc..

I only chop and change when trying to find something that works when what I'm playing at the time isnt.

Which isnt unheard of but not often and usually early doors.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Man ....you should see the admiring glances I get when I pretend i'm beatmixing Tight Fit....Back to the 60's and Jive Bunny...Thats What I Like!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Man ....you should see the admiring glances I get when I pretend i'm beatmixing Tight Fit....Back to the 60's and Jive Bunny...Thats What I Like!!
    Thats about my limit as well.

Spose it depends on whether you want to create a Mobile Night Club or just
    a good old Cheese Night--all of which you may find is completely scuppered at many functions by the big P ( Playlist) and umpteen requests from the Bride to play this that and the other all of which bear no correlation to each other in style, number of beats or anything else.

Well thats my experience for shorter playing times that come from Barn Dance Weddings.

Now IF as Ben says they WANT and APPRECIATE a Night Club style great--otherwise cant see a lot of advantage to the market most people on here service--which is Mobile Discos for Weddings, Parties, Clubs ( not night clubs) and Pubs plus Corporate.

Possibly you are looking to mainly work in the club market

Martin--- I love---Calculated Crossfading--classic

Surely the whole point of mixing is to keep people dancing. Back in the day DJ's used to let records run out and say "that was the Beatles and this is the Hollies" while many people walked off the floor - but that was many years ago. I'm sure most of us know that "dead air" kills the atmosphere and the dancefloor.
    I mix - BUT I often find the biggest cheers of the night are when I make a great segue (chop) between two tracks.

Cheers, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post

Possibly you are looking to mainly work in the club market
    There are clients who want a club feel, albeit few and far between. I have a wedding booked later in the year where the client specifically enquired about a DJ who can beatmix all night if possible, playing 'club tunes' from early 90's to today. If any old (60's, 70's & 80's) songs are to be played they've asked if I can source "remixed" versions that would lend itself to a 'club vibe'.

The couple met in a club, did all their 'courting' in clubs and wanted the same kind of environment for their wedding.

At the client meeting I said I could do the above, but discussed the pitfalls in alienating their older guests, but they've assured me that all the guests will know in advance about the musical requirements.

It's a gig I'm really looking forward to.

Last hour at my gig saturday they wanted 90's house and mixed correctly which worked wonders and kept a flow going.

People these days if they dont know the song straight away will walk off. No end of times do I see people walk off the floor only to return 30 seconds later when they know what the track is.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    It's not a vital skill for the mobile market but I believe it's a good 'tool' to have at your disposal. There's a time and a place for it though.
    There are also some very good club Dj's on here who do not mix at all at weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    In all that time I can probably count on one hand the number of enquirers who've asked about mixing skills, o
    I have never been asked. clients are more concerned that you will not play cheese and talk over every track.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    I gave up Beatmatching over a year ago. When I joined the mobile game You don't need it to be a good mobile jock.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How do you beatmix brown eyed girl into dancing queen? '0)
    By Key

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    It's a good trick if you can do it, especially as the first is about 150 BPM & the second is only about 100 BPM!:
    BYG is about 74 BPM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    Back in the day DJ's used to let records run out and say "that was the Beatles and this is the Hollies" while many people walked off the floor
    i find that it can with lots of crowds. Some however thrive off it. Most the time now if its busy i shut and let them get on with it.

Dead air can really work with some things. i sometimes leave a few seconds gap of silence and then hit them with a damn good track.

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    i sometimes leave a few seconds gap of silence and then hit them with a damn good track.

You do WHAT????!!!!

I've really heard it all now.

<Shakes head in disbelief>

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How do you beatmix brown eyed girl into dancing queen?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    It's a good trick if you can do it, especially as the first is about 150 BPM & the second is only about 100 BPM!
    BYG is about 74 BPM
    If you mean brown eyed girl, I've just listened again & I still make it around 150 BPM. It seems like either your playout software or the website you're looking at is halving the BPM for some reason.

i sometimes leave a few seconds gap of silence and then hit them with a damn good track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    You do WHAT????!!!!

I've really heard it all now.

<Shakes head in disbelief>
    +1

Dead air can really work with some things. i sometimes leave a few seconds gap of silence and then hit them with a damn good track.

I've done this before a couple of times.....but not on purpose!!!