Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a few ideas please

Default a few ideas please

hi guys,

i am just starting up on my own doing my own mobile disco and karaoke business in the past i have gone through agencies or had a residency for over 10 years.

what is the going rate now a days for the following;

* stand alone disco
    *karaoke an disco
    * stand alone karaoke.
    * also new years eve

sorry hope you don't think this is a rude question i just need a little help.

cheers
    l

How longs a piece of string?

Are you good? Do you believe in yourself? What do you think a 'stand alone disco' is worth with you DJ'ing?

Oh goody another money thread

Question should be what do you think you are worth? Level of service/experience and ability should ideally state what fee you are quoting rather than the "going rate".

I will say that I have stayed away from Karaoke as in my experience people rarely want to pay more than £50 as an add on and with the discs being so expensive I cant really see me making any money from it.

I cant really see how you can do a stand alone karaoke, I would sell it as an add on to a disco.

The good thing about having karaoke is bars are looking to bring in people sun-thurs so if you can land a regular gig somewhere then that can be a nice little earner too.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Another factor to consider is how much your running costs are. Once you've worked that out then figure out how much you want to add on for yourself.

Have a read of the link below.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=15309

Pro Mobile magazine recently did an article on what you should charge. The basics are:

1. Work out what it would cost the customer to dry hire the equipment that you are providing.
    2. Decide how much your time and skills are worth to the customer taking in to account how much you need to make and how much you want to make and find a happy medium
    3. Add on your costs (insurance, PAT, music liabrary, equipment maintenance, transport costs, etc).
    4. The overall figure is what you should be charging.

Simples!!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thanks guys I just wanted to know everyones thought on it as I didn't want to charge too little but i also didn't want to charge a stupidly expensive price either if that makes sence.

ppentertainments

All depends where you live

Sensible answer - don't look at 'going rates', instead concentrate on 'your rate'.

yeah true very true do any of you find that your rates have gone down during the credit crunch

Quote Originally Posted by lisashacks View Post
    yeah true very true do any of you find that your rates have gone down during the credit crunch
    Why would they?

In the past year my prices have doubled then half of that added on top.

People are still getting married. Don't let the credit crunch affect the service you provide.

As mentioned in the thread that Shaun linked to above:-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Another factor to consider is how much your running costs are. Once you've worked that out then figure out how much you want to add on for yourself.

Have a read of the link below.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=15309
    ...during lean times, you may get fewer gigs, but your overheads won't reduce by much, so you will actually have less profit per gig just by keeping prices the same. It would be very easy to go into the red if you reduced your prices as well as having fewer gigs.