Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yell.com

I have been with them for 12 months next week.Its brought me in over £2750.Yes i pay monthly around £47 over 10 months but i got a good return.I also got work from the the gigs i did through yellow pages for this year which i would not of got if i was not in yellow pages..

To every rule there's an exception - well done

However I bet I could have returned far more than £2700-odd from a £500 investment...

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post

However I bet I could have returned far more than £2700-odd from a £500 investment...
    that sounds like a challenge vectis, if i give you £500 tomorrow how long before i can expect my 2.5K back from you

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post

Yes Maybe so but its not bad and still profit..Also from it i got a venue residency which i do once a month..

Depends how you look at the Yell concept. I've been with yell for 3 or 4 years with just a small advert (£145.00 per year). I reckon it generates 20-30 enquiries per year but of that total (let's say 120 total enquiries), quite a few generated work and then subsequent recommendations and re-books. Worth the £145 outlay? Yes.

Of late, enquiries generated from on-line presence are probably more fruitful than those from Yell although my advert with them is mainly my website address so Yell listings could be responsible for directing people there.

I used to use Yell.com (still have a free ad). I dropped paid advertising with them last year. I tried the paid for listing and the guaranteed No.2 slot listing at £1.2k. Both returned the investment, but only just. They just lie through their teeth ( the dropping the free ads thing has been mentioned for at least the last 2 years!). Whatever advertising you do, next year they'll want you to advertise bigger and more expensive.

The main thing is that as soon as you start advertising with them, you seem to get a huge amount of phone calls starting with "we're calling from Google to offer you..."

Last year i just had a small YP advert, this year that's going too.

Re investing your £500, get Vectis to do you a website and you should easily make that £500 in the 1st quarter.

The web is definitely the way to go. I don't do any "paper" advertising.

Steve.

As I have mentioned before, when I first started out full time I wanted to get my name out there so one of the first things I did was to get a free listing in the Yellow Pages. After a while I decided to take out an advert. I did that for around 2 years and noticed that the enquiries weren't that great and even though I got a number of bookings from it (and decent ones), the majority of the enquiries were from people looking for 'cheap and cheerful'.
    When the Yellow Pages decided to cut itself in half yet still expect people to pay the same for their adverts, I decided to just stop advertising with them.

I have had a Yell.com advert for a while now and despite what anyone else says, it actually works for me. Yes, I still get the old 'tyre kickers' too just like others but I get lots of confirmed, decent paid bookings. I know it has been said before and I am not one for going on about different areas around the country being better payers than others but truth is, Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrey ARE good payers.
    I also monitor every enquiry I get so that I know whether it's worth paying for advertising etc and (for me), Yell.com works.

With reference to the website. Yes, I will be having that looked at.

Just had "the call"

I'm not convinced...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Diddy Davies View Post
    The main thing is that as soon as you start advertising with them, you seem to get a huge amount of phone calls starting with "we're calling from Google to offer you..."
    .....and Scouses and Mancunians telling you you've agreed to have an advert in their publications!
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 13-01-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fixing quote brackets

Lol I just had a call from yell.com and told them NO straight away,so i guess whoever is advertising will get the call eventually