Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!

On this occasion I would take mood lighting out, send revised contract and reduce fee. However, we learn as we go, so now would be the time to put something into your T&Cs to cover this in future. I would suggest that something like charging 50% if additional services are cancelled up to 30 days in advance, but full fee charged if cancelled within 30 days.

Do you go through your T&Cs with clients at your initial consultation?

The way I look at it, would you have taken the booking without the mood lighting and, if you would, what are the chances you could have hired just the lighting out separately?

I would rather have a reputation as the DJ who bends over backwards to accommodate people than as the guy who’s a bit of an arse.

I may be wrong here but I've read this as the 'mood lighting' is not in the contract. If this is the case I'm sure that if you contacted them in a positive manner they'd respond positively and accept paying you until 12 anyway, its only 1/2 an hour! I'd swallow the 'mood lighting' in the current climate in exchange for positive feedback to the hotel and possible future clients. Not a criticism of your stance just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Because that's what/who I aspire to be?

I imagined you would operate things slightly differently if you've got to pay full time staff.

I'm probably wrong.
    Bless, what makes your take on just wanting advice from only the 'bigger guys' so laughable Charlie, is that you yourself give advice (or what you think is advice) to guys that have been in this game for years and they'd never be so rude as to give you a few home truths

Also business advice is business advice, it doesn't go on how many parcans you own for uplighting or indeed how many people you employ.

With regards to your aspirations, you haven't got a bloody clue what yours even are you muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Bless, what makes your take on just wanting advice from only the 'bigger guys' so laughable Charlie, is that you yourself give advice (or what you think is advice) to guys that have been in this game for years and they'd never be so rude as to give you a few home truths

Also business advice is business advice, it doesn't go on how many parcans you own for uplighting or indeed how many people you employ.

With regards to your aspirations, you haven't got a bloody clue what yours even are you muppet.
    Perhaps a little harsh but there may be some valid points.

I wonder what the bigger guys would do?

Darren, Ben, Danno?

Surely if you're 'running a business' - mistakes/changes like this is where you make your money?

I can't charge them a cancellation fee or anything? ..... This is what working at an estate agents has done to me. Get as much as you can... Which probably won't do me any favors in getting repeat business.
    And we know what the general publics perception of estate agents is and why? Its very difficult to not comment when I am the qualified professional and you are SID my friend. I will however leave it.

As for your dilema. So you lost a mood lighting job, stick the boot in why don't you. You never moan when you feel hard done by, or ripped off, or mislead do you. Didn't think so.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post

Easy tiger
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Personally, I would explain that unfortunatley if they were to remove the mood lighting option, then they would still be liable to pay 75% of the cost in line with my terms & conditions (altough it would be 50% with mine) - quote them the specific term and leave it up to them.

If you're feeling generous you could always offer to put less cans in and charge a bit less, but I personally wouldn't because I'd already be counting on that money and it would have played a part in what else I could (or needed to) have taken on the same day.

Saying that though, if they'd only signed the contract the week before then you may have to allow for a "cooling off" period, though I'm not sure this applies if they made the booking face to face, rather than by email/post.
    Last edited by Danno13; 07-03-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Let's not turn this into another bloody bun fight.

Can we all think before we post please.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Let's not turn this into another bloody bun fight.

Can we all think before we post please.

Thank you.
    Understood.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Surely if you're 'running a business' - mistakes/changes like this is where you make your money?
    Er no--you make your money by working hard, getting lots of work by being a good salesman and being professional in everything you do -