Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invisible dj

Default Invisible dj

Well I never
    was at the mother in laws wedding last weekend i decided not to dj so i could have a drink so she booked another dj i wont say who OMG now i know we all have our own way but when he arrived only 20 mins prior to starting it did'nt look good, setup consisted of two light boxes, a single derby and an led jive perched on top. now i thought give him a chance it was'nt a very big hall so lights would'nt matter. so he sets up leaves the music playng and goes of for a fag. and i now you aint gotta beat match but icould of turned a tape cassette
    over and had less gap in between songs. and requests my partner went and asked for shake yer tail feather he said is that in the charts. he did'nt give people a warning for the first dance, must have gone through a good packet of 20 fags through the night
    finished 15 minutes early. i could go on and he told me he had been doing this for 30 years and i believe him he was using minidisc players.
    Ladys and gentlemen i give you the invisible dj

thought some good songs for him could of been
    invisible man - Queen
    Invisible touch - Genesis

I even have video footage of him running out for a fag while the speeches were on what if the mike system goes wrong so unprofessional !
    Last edited by deltaforce; 11-07-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Did you not check this bloke out before booking or did she just book someone without asking you?

How much did he charge?

I know it must be hard but Smoking whilst working and leaving the decks is very poor IMO and no know one wants to ask a DJ for a track when he stinks of smoke. it has to be the worst smell ever. I always have mouthwash in the van just for general breath as a stinky breath DJ is skanky.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Not so good,especially for an important occasion like a wedding.Again this is a bad example of a dj,Its no wonder people think badly of djs.

I hope it is not one of the members on this forum?

I don't understand.

Why didn't you help them find a professional DJ or use one of the guys on here?

You know that some DJ's can be dodgy so a bit of advice to the bride beforehand would have been useful!

Over the 40+ years as a dj I have know this to happen so often. Clients have asked my cost and said 'Oh I can get a dj cheaper than that'.
    My reply is always 'well, you get what you pay for and it is your choice. I am professional and you can see what I can provide on my website'.
    Many times I have had calls when people have said 'The last dj said he could do what we wanted and had all the gear, the music plus lots of experience but I'll never book him again'.

Clients get what they pay for unless they have been conned into paying a lot for a little. Many do no research about the dj and just want a cheap disco.
    I will admit there are some cheap discos that are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I don't understand.

Why didn't you help them find a professional DJ or use one of the guys on here?

You know that some DJ's can be dodgy so a bit of advice to the bride beforehand would have been useful!
    I think I might have the answer
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
    Well I never
    was at the mother in laws wedding last weekend !

What is the point of bringing this onto a forum when he has no means of defence?

I remember a short time ago you were saying you would do free discos just to get out. If you think your a better DJ than the one you saw last night then maybe you might start to see price isn't your issue but marketing instead?

We know nothing of the client brief and she might of even stated that she didn't want the DJ on the mic during the night?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Nice one sapphire you maybe right their she did'nt have a massive budget.
    he charged £150 for 6:30 to 12:00 well 11:45
    I did one last weekend from 6pm to 12pm for £160
    it's really made me think of putting my prices up yet again.
    I now normally charge £160 for four hours but this was booked a while agao

You are right deckstar my marketing is crap and i am a bit lazy never seem to get round to getting anything done. could do with someone else to do my marketing for me! i just love being behind the deck thats where i come alive!

Quote Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
    Nice one sapphire you maybe right their she did'nt have a massive budget.
    he charged £150 for 6:30 to 12:00 well 11:45
    I did one last weekend from 6pm to 12pm for £160
    it's really made me think of putting my prices up yet again.
    I now normally charge £160 for four hours but this was booked a while agao

You are right deckstar my marketing is crap and i am a bit lazy never seem to get round to getting anything done. could do with someone else to do my marketing for me! i just love being behind the deck thats where i come alive!
    Start a new thread asking for a review of your site and marketing - I'm sure there would be plenty of good advice given.