Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Breakdown cover

Default Breakdown cover

Just in the process of renewing my Musicguard gear insurance, They have an option to add breakdown cover, which seems to be about £5 extra each month. Does anyone have this and is it worth doing? I have a feeling that the minute something electrical goes wrong the clauses are going to be so complicated you will never ever get any money out of them. But if that's not the case, it does sound like a plan to me!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Are you sure it doesn't mean Vehicle breakdown cover?
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13
    Are you sure it doesn't mean Vehicle breakdown cover?
    Absolutely sure - the notes that go with the quote say mechnical, electric etc... breakdown of equipment.

There is a seperate option for insuring gear "in the van"

Sounds like an interesting idea. Though if you looked at the policy details you may find lots of things are not included. Plus it's always a tricky one when it comes to proving if the equipment is to blame or not. My suggestion would be to stay away. Usually extras are there to tempt you and to make more money for them (as optional vehicle breakdown service on your car policy). Only my opinion though. If you're happy to read the small print - go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    Just in the process of renewing my Musicguard gear insurance, They have an option to add breakdown cover, which seems to be about £5 extra each month. Does anyone have this and is it worth doing? I have a feeling that the minute something electrical goes wrong the clauses are going to be so complicated you will never ever get any money out of them. But if that's not the case, it does sound like a plan to me!
    Does it not specify how old the gear is and how often it has to be serviced etc?

If it's within its warranty period, then is it going to be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    Does it not specify how old the gear is and how often it has to be serviced etc?

If it's within its warranty period, then is it going to be worth it?
    From what I have read I can only find something that states the gear must be no more than 6 years old - nothing about regular servicing. But I will re-read.