Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logo's

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    Hi Luwnics.

I also had a little look at your site - nicely designed, easy to navigate, but I hope you won't mind one or two comments. I did find the how to hire a DJ very useful until I got about half way down. There are a couple of absolute inaccuracies (but fair enough), for example, PLI and PAT are not yet legal requirements - great to make the public aware that these are a good thing to have, but a little unfair to state it's legal. I aslo thought that your comments directly aimed at other disco's - web sites and attitude on the phone were a little uncalled for. It's your call, but generally I think it's better to sell yourself on your own merits and not because of how well you can put the client off the competition. There are many disco's (some on here I don't doubt), who don't have quite the flash site you have, but that doesn't make them a bad disco!

Finally, I wonder if the guarantee is actually a bad thing not a good thing. I apreciate that you have qualified it, but I don't think any of us can offer a satisfaction guarantee can we.

Not intended as a dig, but hope you don't mind a little constructive commenting!
    The page in question is a general information page, basically just giving clients advice, i feel that the line about the websites doesn't slag anyone off, just offers a wee bit of advice to look for (see below)

A quick word about mobile DJ websites...
    If you're browsing the internet for a professional mobile disco service, you can tell a lot from a company's website.

o Is it simple to navigate
    o Is the information clear and simple to understand
    o How's the spelling and grammar

All minor points, but a sloppily designed website could be an indication of a less than professional outfit.

Can i ask if anyone else feels that perhaps i shouldn't have this on my site...personally i dont think it puts anyone down...just points that if someone has a sloppy site and doesn't pay attention to spelling and grammer then how do they go about thier business?
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics

Can i ask if anyone else feels that perhaps i shouldn't have this on my site...personally i dont think it puts anyone down...just points that if someone has a sloppy site and doesn't pay attention to spelling and grammer then how do they go about thier business?
    Hi Garry, I kinda agree with Ricey. I don't think that pointing out inadequacies of others is particularly the best way of promoting yourself. There are many reasons why someone might have a badly designed site (lack of funds, design-know-how or bad grammer) None of these are any indication that a dj is not a competent entertainer. I know some dj's that can barely write but they are good entertainers and deliver on the night.

Better to promote your strong points than competitors inadequacies.

Just my thoughts my friend

as i say...i amlooking for the feedback...hey we cant better ourselves without it...so points taken...
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

You have the right attitude Garry. I've no doubt in my mind that you'll be successful. :beer: