Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post

When is "I put all my taxable income in my self assessment" going to contribute to the DJ mark? Surely that's far more important and legal?
    Good point. Makes you wonder doesn't it.
    But totally nothing to do with an online service, providing listings.

At the end of the day we have to accept that this is largely a hobbiest industry and not one taken seriously or moderated by official standards.
    This service provides leads for most of these opperators and the higher (much smaller) end is better sourcing their work elsewhere.

Spend what ever it is we spend on NAD on some Google Adwords or something. It will continue to do well off DJ's who want to get some money for their summer holiday or Christmas presents or are just simply working on a loss.
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-05-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

So I don't even get a bronze award... Doesn't matter that I have plenty of positive feedback!
    Why don't you get a bronze award? All of the criteria are basic requirements to be fulfilled and are easy to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Now here's the interesting bit. It's a personal gripe of mine and I've actually had it confirmed by a more than a couple of turn downs recently when I've asked for feedback after losing to someone who's "agreed a fee slightly less than the stated budget" (and Martin....I really would appreciate your input on this one because it's driving me and quite a few others nuts at the moment).

When a client goes through the quote request process, they're asked for their budget. Fair enough...it gives us an idea of what they're prepared to spend. NaD actually pre-fill this based on averages for the area. This however is the big downfall. The pre-filled budget was recently changed and you can now tell if the customer has amended this figure (so an extra step to find out if they're after bargain basement, have accepted the default or increased their budget from that suggested). Normally from my personal experience they either leave this "as is" or round it down.

The reason I was turned down for the couple of aforementioned gigs was price, and that alone. Fair enough....there's always competition, it's life and it's not a problem. They thought that the pre-filled amount was what they were supposed to pay and were confused when they got quotes all over the place, some higher, some lower (some considerably so!).
    This could explain a lot of weird things regarding budgets I do get with NAD.
    Like last week a chap calls saying he has a strict budget of £xxx and would I be prepared to lower my price £100, I've only just looked at the details on NAD and noticed the budget indicated is actually £80 over his real budget!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Good point. Makes you wonder doesn't it.
    But totally nothing to do with an online service, providing listings.

At the end of the day we have to accept that this is largely a hobbiest industry and not one taken seriously or moderated by official standards.
    This service provides leads for most of these opperators and the higher (much smaller) end is better sourcing their work elsewhere.

Spend what ever it is we spend on NAD on some Google Adwords or something. It will continue to do well off DJ's who want to get some money for their summer holiday or Christmas presents or are just simply working on a loss.
    Well honestly I don't pay much for NAD and I get a fairly good coverage so it's still worth having. I certainly wouldn't sign up at the price it would be to join now, but that's only because I'm increasing prices and there is a lack of that type of work.

I do need to do a bit more marketing though... started wedding fayres this year so that's one thing I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Why don't you get a bronze award? All of the criteria are basic requirements to be fulfilled and are easy to achieve.
    Because I don't have current PAT records.
    If I'm correct, you didn't need them to get bronze award before... I think it's a recent change which is odd.
    Last edited by ukpartydj; 04-05-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

When a client goes through the quote request process... NaD actually pre-fill this based on averages for the area.
    I wasn't aware of this. From the get go that puts those that charge higher than the area average at a distinct disadvantage I would presume?

Well honestly I don't pay much for NAD and I get a fairly good coverage so it's still worth having.
    Can you tell me, does it link to your website in a way that it would benefit it for SEO.
    That alone would be worth having.

Perhaps any web gurus on here could investigate?

The ongoing discussion regarding Portable Appliance Testing that was within this thread has been moved HERE

Can you tell me, does it link to your website in a way that it would benefit it for SEO.
    That alone would be worth having.

Perhaps any web gurus on here could investigate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The ongoing discussion regarding Portable Appliance Testing that was within this thread has been moved HERE
    Good someone can answer my question now

Good someone can answer my question now
    Yes, it does in the form of back-links to your site (including if you appear on a venue page).
    From that side of things, it's good link juice IMHO. Don't get too many that have hit my site from me being on a venue page mind (i.e. direct clicks from NaD)....but that's one for another day

I am trying to get a DJ on an event pretty sharpish and really am not having much luck with this site??

I filled out a new enquiry yesterday and have had zip all interns of correspondence. I Then canceled a previous enquiry that was still live believing that may be why and filled out a new form and have received this. I can't find anyway to actually contact need a disco in person, just a way to look at my inactive flippin enquiry?? Do you have an email or any way to talk to someone human.

All i want to do is send you an email ad tell you my situation, but even the Facebook contact section has been removed? My only guess is that you manage these manually, although I got a response straight away from the last one?? If its a bit of a delay then fine, but I don't want to be sitting around for days to find that nothing has been sent to any DJ's.

Thanks

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 122
Size:  122.4 KB

Name:  dfsdsfjh.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  28.0 KB

This was kind of what I was expecting as I only have the one cancelled live booking at the same venue?

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  55.5 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 02-12-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Do you have an email or any way to talk to someone human.
    admin@needadisco.com
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture