Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you sell yourself at Wedding Fairs

If you want to engage a bride and get her to focus on entertainment ask her to describe how she envisions her wedding reception in just Three Words?

Then tell her that you are THE BEST wedding DJ in your area.

"I work with you to create fantastic entertainment which you and your guests will be talking about long after your big day"

When can we meet up to discuss your plans in more detail?

Make the appointment!
    Many Thanks

Derek Pengelly
    Mobile DJ Advocate
    http://www.weddingdaysecrets.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DerekPen View Post
    And how would you know that?

What would it be based on?

My top tips...

1. get a table where theres a decent throughflow of traffic...ive been at fayres where they almost insist in sticking the entertainemnt in the far corner...brides will walk down there for table decorations, but not entertainment (usually)

2. Dont have your whole set up at the table....I usually have a couple of uplighters if im near a wall, and just my promo banner, video display and promo material.

3. Dont go for the sell...ask what they want out of their entertainment...ive had a few where they wanted bands and not a DJ so i handed over a few numbers of good bands that play whet they want...nearly all have came back and booked a disco aswell on the basis of me being helpful.

4. Run the fashion show/compere....this works very well for me. I dont have the PA set up near my table, but can keep an eye on it from where I'm at usually. It gives people chance to see you working 9in a roundabout way0 and has secured me plenty of bookings as the showman personality and the person are two different "people"

5. If they arnt ready to book, take a few details (if they are willing)...this is usually the case if the bride is there with their mother and wants to discuss it with the groom. I offer to take their details and give them a call at a later date and meet them in a more personal environment rto discuss their requirements.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    And how would you know that?

What would it be based on?
    It's based upon belief.

If you don't believe you are the best then who will?

Also, remember this is "Marketing"

Its Ok to be "The Best" Its a subjective remark which can't be proved or disproved.

It will however beg the B&G to ask you to support the statement and therby give you the opportunity to sit down with them and explain how you can help them.

PS: It would also help if you had a couple of testimonials which also support your claim. Lets face it most of us have these from satisfied customers.
    Many Thanks

Derek Pengelly
    Mobile DJ Advocate

Sorry Derek but I'm going to disagree with you there and would compare the use of "the best" with "professional" as a thrown away comment that doesn't really register with your client. Using a term to help sell your particular USP is far more effective.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

If you want to engage a bride and get her to focus on entertainment ask her to describe how she envisions her wedding reception in just Three Words?

"I work with you to create fantastic entertainment which you and your guests will be talking about long after your big day"

When can we meet up to discuss your plans in more detail?

Make the appointment!
    Don't you think that might come across as rather conceited? I'm all for positive marketing and being proud of the service you offer, but I feel the bride might think you're a bit of a if you said that to her.

feel free to disagree.

disagreement is healthy.

Sometimes in Marketing we need to distance ourself from what we believe other people's reactions will be to what we do or say.

predicting what someone will think or say in reply to what we do or say is guesswork?

Sometimes this limits the reaction we are seeking.
    In other words we can be our own worst enemy when it comes to marketing.

Why shouldn't you be "The Best"? does modesty have a part to play in marketing?

Are Heinz the best baked beans? who Knows? who Cares?
    Heinz believe they are!
    Many Thanks

Derek Pengelly
    Mobile DJ Advocate

feel free to disagree.

disagreement is healthy.

Sometimes in Marketing we need to distance ourself from what we believe other people's reactions will be to what we do or say.

predicting what someone will think or say in reply to what we do or say is guesswork?

Sometimes this limits the reaction we are seeking.
    In other words we can be our own worst enemy when it comes to marketing.

Why shouldn't you be "The Best"? does modesty have a part to play in marketing?

Are Heinz the best baked beans? who Knows? who Cares?
    Heinz believe they are!
    All well and good as long ad you don't write it down
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

As a buyer, if I was speaking to anyone, and they said they were the best, that would be as far as the sales pitch would get.

As has been suggested in the thread already, several adjectives would immediately spring to mind, and none of them would be favourable. I would immediately dismiss whatever they were selling, and take everything else they said with a pinch of salt (if I bothered to let them to continue to speak at all, that is, rather than instantly walking away).

Yep - agree with all the comments there.
    I also think it's important to find out the venue asap in the conversation. If the reception is in the local manor where your research has told you they are on average £65 a head for the wedding breakfast you know there is a decent budget available. If the venue is the dog and duck for £5 a head then I know where to start my pitch at.
    In my opinion knowing the prices of your local venues is key in the negotiaion. You could end up belittling someone by not knowing this background information.
    If you can't convince them, confuse them