Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
All the programs you've mentioned have demos. Why not download them, test them and see how they feel to you?
I will do!

Thank you for the advise.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
That would sound like a reasonable course of action to me.

It's about find what is right for you now and we can't answer that for you.

You've bought a Macbook Pro. Excellent start in my opinion.

Download the demos, play with them. Test thm with your DJing style, finding songs, playlisting, mixing. If you have already selected a midi controller, even better, use that too.

Ask detailed questions here and we will help where we can.

Good luck!
Thanks,

I haven't brought the Macbook Pro just yet but will do next week!

Will the Numark Omni Control work with Virtual DJ as I already have one but have never used it?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
I vote VDJ for you to start with. I do not personally like it as its not as visually good as Itch, but I have not used the pro version so it may be different.

If i were you I would get a half decent controller and Itch/Traktor 2, but standalone VDJ or DJAY would suffice.
vestax controllers would do for your level (I use one ) as you can choose between Serato and Traktor.
Thanks,

I'll have a look into what controller I should use, if you guys know of any please post!

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
It's worth saying that the choice of controller is as important as the choice of software.

Do you have a good mixer at the moment or are you looking for an all in one unit?
2 Decks or 4 decks?
How big is your stand?
How much space do you have?
What is you working layout at the moment?

All questions that will affect your choice of controller.
Thanks hear it is,

I already have the numark omni control but will this work with virtual DJ as I have never used it?

My stand is 4ft, and my working layout does work for me at the moment.