Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Pondered Long and Hard

my initial thoughts were that you were tied up with three venues and therefore wouldn't be available - but i can't see the full signage - but hey, if you're getting bookings it's probably paid for itself and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    my initial thoughts were that you were tied up with three venues and therefore wouldn't be available - but i can't see the full signage - but hey, if you're getting bookings it's probably paid for itself and it works.

Thats what I sometimes like about this place....

It was also a consideration I had been chewing over.....two of the three bookings I mentioned earlier were not at these venues tho.Loved your observation ....thank you

Are you resident at these venues or 'preferred'? If you're resident,(as it says) the advert might be misunderstood and people might just think this is the only place you work? Jusr a thought ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Are you resident at these venues or 'preferred'? If you're resident,(as it says) the advert might be misunderstood and people might just think this is the only place you work? Jusr a thought ;-)

And it is a good point Mark....

The Midland Club let me store all my gear there so I suppose that is my spiritual home(residency)....the others I am preferred DJ.

I mentioned earlier tho....i've since picked up other bookings from places that are not mentioned on the van....so it may not be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Interesting.....

Does it not create the impression that this Guy Knows what he's doing....to have enough trust from the venue to want to be associated with him???
    Not on a van, no. You should be marketing yourself and yourself only on a van IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    Good point.

Sorry Martin, just plain and straight up don't like it.

Depends on your target market however so what doesn't work for me may work for others.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Are they permanent signs or magnetic ones that can be taken off as and when (for example: When the van is parked and itchy fingers are around).
    If they are magnetic then when you are at said venues on the advertising, leave them on. When you are at other venues maybe leave them off?

I'm not sure about them to be honest. I had some done, just plain black and white and just to use them in the day when driving around or going to gigs. I wouldn't have them on at any other time.

Many moons ago I heard of someone who was van-jacked. He did regular gigs at a venue and was watched apparently and then one day, his gear was nicked and he was beat up badly. Sorry to go off topic but there are pro's and con's to these signs. Yes, that's a bit extreme but worth mentioning. Just the same as if you leave them on at night, people can see what you do and whether the van is empty or not, some people may still want to have a look.

Now you're going to say that it's garaged so if that's the case, forget everything I just said.

I Like it very much as it breaks up the "white van " look
    As an aside Martin one of my customers discovered your "LEM" speakers in a club he was working in a while back!....he wants to know can he buy them back????!!!!( they were his from new...)
    Love the van how about man n van pic?
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Many moons ago I heard of someone who was van-jacked.
    Plain van all the way for me ... I presume your insurance company have been informed of the change?

There's a guy here on the IW who I sold a chunk of my gear to who bought a florist's van second hand, and had the signwriting modified slightly to remove the phone number and the company name. Otherwise to all intents and purposes it's a florist's van! Great idea I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Sorry Martin, just plain and straight up don't like it.

Depends on your target market however so what doesn't work for me may work for others.

Overall I'm pleased with the response....and the extra business has covered the costs twice.....in one week???!!!

Surely our target market is everybody...you can sift out wether there is any synergy between your potential customer and yourself when you talk to them!!!

Accept your comments Neil......however you may be missing out on a marketing exercise without doing it.A lot of people have seen the van and say it creates the right impression