Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is your sound good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I know----im just saying RCF speakers ( quality equipment) are not a guarantee of a good sound if you dont know what your doing.
    No speakers are Alan.

Interesting thread...

I solved any speaker issues by getting some Bose L1's - absolutely amazing sound quality, worth every penny. I can use one system or two depending on the size of the gig.

I also agree that using a quality source, either CD's or Apple Lossless / AAC @ 320, is very important too. The mixer makes a massive difference too.

Cheers, Ian

As some of you may know, I use a pair of QSC K12s which I am more than happy with. They wil cover approx 80% of my gigs.
    I recently purchased a RCF art905 sub. I have used it twice. The sound is pretty good, although I am still trying to find the best settings.
    I run from the mixer to the sub and then to the tops. If I am honest, running this way, I find the tops seem to lack a bit, they seem a bit too trebly.
    Apart from that, I am happy with my sound set up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    As some of you may know, I use a pair of QSC K12s which I am more than happy with. They wil cover approx 80% of my gigs.
    I recently purchased a RCF art905 sub. I have used it twice. The sound is pretty good, although I am still trying to find the best settings.
    I run from the mixer to the sub and then to the tops. If I am honest, running this way, I find the tops seem to lack a bit, they seem a bit too trebly.
    Apart from that, I am happy with my sound set up.
    Because the sub now has the low frequencies filtered to it. You should be able to adjust the crossover to send more low frequencies up top.

Best way to run a bass is the theatre way and pull your bass off an auxillary line on a proper desk and then you can control what goes there and what doesn't. Nice when you want the mics kept off the bass cab so you still get full range voice to your mid tops and bass when required from music playback.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Instead of the controls being Bass Middle Treble in that order, it's the reverse !! So I was pulling all the treble off, and turning the bass up. No wonder my voice was muffled.
    One word : Specsavers

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Because the sub now has the low frequencies filtered to it. You should be able to adjust the crossover to send more low frequencies up top.

Best way to run a bass is the theatre way and pull your bass off an auxillary line on a proper desk and then you can control what goes there and what doesn't. Nice when you want the mics kept off the bass cab so you still get full range voice to your mid tops and bass when required from music playback.
    Thanks for the info Neil. I will have a look and see how the crossover can be adjusted? I think possibly just a slight amount of bass going through the tops would sound better.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    No speakers are Alan.
    RCF should be as far as I am concerned having worked with them several times.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    RCF should be as far as I am concerned having worked with them several times.
    I don't think you are reading the context of what I said Alan. No speakers can be a guarantee of quality if they are set up incorrectly etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I don't think you are reading the context of what I said Alan. No speakers can be a guarantee of quality if they are set up incorrectly etc etc
    In fact you said that, not me...