Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: laptop help needed.

Just to add the laptop is running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Mine is a Vaio i5 with 64 bit windows, but a model or 2 below yours. It runs videos with no problem, so it must be a software problem somewhere.

The geforce 410m is not a great chipset infact other than power saving for the mobile market it is of the same 440x series that was in use 10 years or so ago. They used to overheat and create graphics hangs. Sounding very similar to what you are experiencing.
    Best thing to check would be a driver update for the graphics card direct from www.nvidia.com also check soundcard driver at the same time due to the way laptops handle interrupts they may be interfering with each other. Sonys are normally pretty reliable whatever is under the hood so look for driver issues first but the ati graphics on laptops tend to be better all round.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Im running music videos through my other Vaio at the minute which has a ATI Radeon inside it. Got it running as i speak.

I know you said your laptop was optimised, but did you start with a fresh install on windows in the first place (and turn off all the sony rubbish thats installed)
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

I didnt do a fresh install. I restored to factory restore and then uninstalled everything from it. Including Vaio care and everything else sony related.

There isnt any programs running on it.... Other than the Denon Asio Driver, Virtual DJ 7 Pro and CC Cleaner thats all there is on. And on another partition i have my music on there. All the music videos i was running was on a western digital elements external hardisk with a power adapter

Wifi adapter disabled, no internet browsers installed, no games and other windows features that arent relevant as well. Checked the startup nothing running in there apart from the graphics and sound utility

Maybe it's the external hardisk. Have you tried copying some videos to the laptop and running them from there?

At my Friday night gig, I'm using VDJ 7 to run HD music videos and I'm not having any problems although I will say my laptop gets quite warm. My laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ56 (the same specs as some HP models) with an AMD V140 chip running at 2.3GHz and backed up by 3Gb of RAM. It has ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 on board graphics running on W7 Home Premium. It's quite a basic spec by today's standards so I'd have thought that if my machine can do it, it should be a walk in the park to your Vaio. It does sound like a driver issue but I'm not most computer-video knowledgeable person.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Ive had music videos running on my other Vaio for just over 3 hours and its not crashed once... The laptop with the ATI Radeon in.

Personally I would do a complete install, format the hard drive and start again at least that way you know you are running with a fresh system. I don't think the factory restore does quite the same thing. It may also be that you removed something crucial to the system when unistalling. From the specs it should easily run it without any optimising.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ