Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JAMdisco new website

Default JAMdisco new website

I finally got round to updating my website, I found the font for the logo and created a new one as the old one looked a little 'fuzzy'.

I've gone for a clean, crisp feel, now black text on white background as opposed to white text on black - I feel it looks a lot classier.

Please have a look and let me know of any areas I could improve on, constructive criticism is most welcome.

Here it is.

Thanks
    Justin

Although I am not the cheapest DJ in the area, I believe that by committing to an approach based on quality, your party will be a huge success and one to remember for years to come
    Just had a quick look, looks easy to follow but don't like the above statement.

In my opinion you have picked up needlessly on a 'negative' and not turned it into a positive. You have said you are not the cheapest but not really justified why. I would leave the statement out, but if you want to keep it in you really need to justify why you cost more as many people will just read as 'he is expensive'.

Also I would advice getting many non-dj people to look at it and give their opinion.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

In my opinion you have picked up needlessly on a 'negative' and not turned it into a positive. You have said you are not the cheapest but not really justified why. I would leave the statement out, but if you want to keep it in you really need to justify why you cost more as many people will just read as 'he is expensive'.

Also I would advice getting many non-dj people to look at it and give their opinion.
    I agree looks neat and simple the only thing i noticed was the tabs looks blurry when you hover over them.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    I agree looks neat and simple the only thing i noticed was the tabs looks blurry when you hover over them.
    Yeah I know what you mean, that's a quick fix, I'll sort it tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

Thats a fair point, perhaps inserting the word "Entertainment" before quality would make a considerable difference to the statement and justify a higher price.

After all anyone can own the best equipment going--but if you dont play the right music at the right time its no use and sixty quid sid might do a better job ( in the eyes of the punter)

I will make some changes today as per the above suggestions.

This post has had well over 100 'views' and not many comments on my site, either they aren't looking at it or it must be damn good lol...

P.S. All my own work

I've just moved to the top for 'disco beverley' and number 3 on 'disco east yorkshire'

I was previously number 3 on 'disco beverley' - good times
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-02-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Looks great, well done!
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    I've just moved to the top for 'disco beverley' and number 3 on 'disco east yorkshire'

I was previously number 3 on 'disco beverley' - good times
    Good news---

Well it will be until the punters start ringing up regularly and the cheap price pantomine starts

As it does here every single day

And night

We know, we are top of our keywords on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Good news---

Well it will be until the punters start ringing up regularly and the cheap price pantomine starts

As it does here every single day

And night

We know, we are top of our keywords on Google.
    Haha, yeah, hopefuly I can start selling my services better like I used to (not sure what happened lately but I see there are some 'new' disco's set up round these parts)

I've now updated the wording on my homepage and sorted the 'fuzzy looking' links - they just slightly change colour now. Next job will be to add the testimonials but not sure where to add them yet?

You may also have noticed I've worded it in the first person rather than the old website which was in third person format - I thought it would give a more personal feel, I'm not a multi-op so I wasn't really fooling anyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    Haha, yeah, hopefuly I can start selling my services better like I used to (not sure what happened lately but I see there are some 'new' disco's set up round these parts)

I've now updated the wording on my homepage and sorted the 'fuzzy looking' links - they just slightly change colour now. Next job will be to add the testimonials but not sure where to add them yet?
    You could copy (but not infringe copyright) by using Tonys idea ( A1) hes got them scrolling and rolling across the homepage--nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    You could copy (but not infringe copyright) by using Tonys idea ( A1) hes got them scrolling and rolling across the homepage--nice one!
    Just a further thought Justin, if you are likely to get a fair number of enquiries you may wish to put off the tyre kickers who will waste your time by indicating starting prices.

I do this on my own personal site and I dont get too many time wasters although there are still enquiries that never materialise after the filtering process and its pretty obvious the money is the problem ( again )

All in a days work.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-02-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Merged posts