Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotional Material and Items

Got to agree with Shawn..They have there places these banners but not on someone special day.

if i need to explain that in in the wrong forum?

Nice random post.... considering no-one asked you to explain anything!

page one post 10?

may be the lag in the moderation???
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 06-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.

OK... so it is just a case of you either not reading / understanding the question, or else trying to be funny (...and hopefully in the 'Ha-ha' sense). I'll assume the latter, and say apologies for not getting your humour.

im sorry but i must have got hold of the wrong end of the stick and was not in any way trying to be funny as i am funny and sometimes crack my self up!and sorry for holding up the flow of this thred marco

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I don't know if it's just me being a bit thick here, but how is having advertising on display on a roller banner any less (for want of a better word) tacky than a name board across the front of your rig?
    I would have agreed totally a couple of years ago, but now sitting on the fence with this one.

I saw a business advisor many years ago who advised that I should use advertisement of some form when doing discos, even weddings.

I use banners for my race nights, fair enough totally different type of function, but it is amazing the amount of work they generate - especially people looking at the website on their phones during the event. It also just seems to happen that presentation photographs are taken with one of my banners in the background

The right design, subtly situated in the correct place I am not so sure if a banner is such a bad idea.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I saw a business advisor many years ago who advised that I should use advertisement of some form when doing discos, even weddings.
    Perhaps, but I'm sure there are less imposing and subtle ways of doing so? Imagine if the florist, caterer, photographer, videographer etc all decided to roll in with a roll up banner. You can picture the scene. Less is more sometimes. Just my humble opinion though.

Listen to me going on, I have a van sign-written in huge letters sat outside the venue. . In the hall though, I prefer to be a little more discrete.

I'll let you all into our favorite trick, simply because if I can help someone I normally will, I don't know any other DJ's that do this, but figure there must be some, but if you try it I guarantee you, you will not regret it.

I have thousands of different style cards, made up, you can make them on paper with a computer printer if you wanted to but obviously card looks more professional. We have thousands of different ones simply because some are tailored for weddings some for 21st etc etc. Basically they all display our brand name, url and telephone number, we always play it like this: We ask the bride and groom if they want us to take requests on the night, most will say yes, even if they have an exstensive playlist. If they say yes, and it doesn't have to be a wedding any party/event is the same. We say "what we can do is leave request sheets out on the speakers or a near by table and guest can fill there request throughout the night", we brand the request sheets, tel number url etc. But this is the (real deal) the key: "Another thing we can do is leave out a few cards with a number that guest can text there requests directly to the DJ from there phones, this is great for people who may not want to approach the DJ or don't want to fight there way across the dancefloor".

OK fellow DJ's think about this: This has a 3 way advertising effect,

1. The cards are left around on tables with the bride grooms aproval, with full DJ and brand name, phone number, url email address etc, some guests will even take these cards away with them and keep for when they want a DJ.

2. You will get a lot of text request for the music the guests may actually want to hear.

3. But this is the deal: They have your phone number on their phone once they have sent you a request and then say 1-2 weeks later or even a month or whatever, they suddenly need a DJ or a friend wants a party, they suddenly remember they sent a text request to a DJ maybe they still have his number on their phone, they look through the text messages and next thing you know you get a call for a booking.

Another thing we do and again I don't know anyone else doing this but guess someone must be. We often use video screens for music videos, we have a default backdrop for any tracks we don't have a video for, on this screen we have the same info, brand name, url, email address and the key: text your request directly to the DJ xxxxxxxxx.

If you get 10 or 100 text messages at a party that's a 10 or 100 people that have your number on there phone.

Trust me it works, it's cheap as chips to do some different coloured card and a few hours on the computer and cutter and you have a few hundred text your request directly to the DJ cards, give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Is there a problem with having your name on the front of your disco? I dont personally but am considering it. I used to years ago, never had any complaints then. Have things changed?
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!