Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Let me re-introduce myself

Default Let me re-introduce myself

Hi all,
    I find it only right that I re-introduce myself even though I have been a member of the forum for a couple of years although it has been a while since I posted anything. I haven’t been absent from the forum though as I’m usually on here weekly lurking in the background reading through the topics and posts, but I made a decision I will start making more of a contribution and posting so here I am and he’s a bit of backround information on me.

My name is Ashley, I’m from St.helens (Merseyside) and I’m 21 years old, I first got into mobile dj’ing when I was 15 and I became a roadie for my girlfriends dad’s mate who had a residency at a hotel and I was always interested in music so this was quite enjoyable for learning and earning a bit of money aswell. Over the next 2 years I gradually built up my own equipment which admittedly looking back I didn’t make great investments but I had to start out with something like everyone does. When I past my driving test at 17 that’s when I started doing my own gigs, from friends 18ths to golden wedding anniversaries and everything inbetween which was all good experience and 95% went well, I also did the Christmas season at the same hotel I used to be a roadie as they had two rooms. By 19 I had a steady flow of gigs coming in but I was also working on/of in a bar when the resident dj was off. Anyway long story short the manager liked me better and offered me the residency and being 19 working in a bar not needing any equipment except my cd’s and headphones seemed like a no brainer so I quit the mobile dj’ing. I did enjoy the bar work for a while but, the late finishes starting to grind me down ( I also had a full time job Monday to Friday and was studying a HND on top of that). Unfortunately the manager lost the license to the premises and so no more work for me.

So about 6 months ago I thought to myself I would be stupid not to start mobile dj’ing again, I have since invested in better equipment from advice I have read on here and working on my set up which I think is Fairley decent now. My next step is getting a good collection photos and get a professional website up and running. I have a wedding in a couple of weeks with uplighting so I will upload some photos for you to take a look were I’m up to and get your feedback.

Hope I didn’t bore anyone to much with that and I look forward to seeing you more often around the forum

Welcome back (both to the forum and to mobile work), and I look forward to seeing you around here more often

Good post. Your story seems a bit similar to mine as I have sold up about twice over the years to concentrate on bar / club work.

Welcome back buddy.

Break a leg!
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Quote Originally Posted by Fullforceeventsltd View Post
    Good post. Your story seems a bit similar to mine as I have sold up about twice over the years to concentrate on bar / club work.
    Well at the moment i'm still doing a bit of bar and club work, i have a residency on a thursday night which is helping me to get a bit of money together for a professional website and it keeps me in the scene. Occasionally i have saturday gigs in a nightclub and i'm on this saturday with third party which i'm really excited about.

i understand most won't have a clue who third party are but they are quite well known in the electronic dance scene and they are signed to steve angello's label so who knows they could feed back to him and a year down the line i'm warming up for swedish house mafia haha

Will echo the previous Welcome Back messages, Ashley!

I used to "lurk" before making a contribution to the forum but, after all these posts, I hope my opinion has been welcome (sometimes, at least!) and that others have taken something from my knowledge and experience. Once you start to post regularly, I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Remember, there are always people on forums who are not as experienced or knowledgeable as you know and they appreciate people who share this experience and knowledge with them and help them grow. I've always thought that this is the whole purpose of forums and this one is a shining example of that very principle!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Welcome back to the site