Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Mixmash

Default Mixmash

I got this email from Mixmash a couple of days ago.

We are sad to say that MixMash is closing down and that no further new titles will be released.

We are having a stock clearance before we close so if you would like to take advantage of our great offers, please email us and we will forward you a promo code to purchase the titles over the internet as no further credit will be given.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom over the years and wish you the very best for the future.

Kind regards,

Mark & Spencer
    I think it's a real shame. Great company who have always supported the DJ industry and Mark is a really decent bloke.

Yes, I was shocked when I heard, but I don't think that VJing has really taken off the way that some thought it would.

Whilst the idea is a good one, I don't think that there's currently a big enough client base willing to pay the premium that needs to be charged to cover the additional overheads that operators have to keep up their collection.

Maybe in time that will change, but obviously not in time to save Mixmash.

This is a shame

I think the problem has been the hoops that have to be jumped through to make legal video edits that DJs want. There are a few companies out there that are doing it but I know from them its a big problem (getting permission to make videos for extended versions etc)

I subscribe to promo only video which is a good service but also buy mp3s from itunes/7digital as i want the remix version (either extended or a remix)
    Now try finding a legal source for a video edit for an official remix. Thats an issue for me and until its easier for companies to be able to make them I cant see much changing

Matt

Hi I agree it's a shame as they produced some quality recordings at a decent price! Not like promo-only @ £40 each video.

It's no wonder peeps are downloading videos off the like of youtube.

Sad but true!
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

I thought it was a wind up, when I saw the two names at the bottom of your email Darren

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Hi I agree it's a shame as they produced some quality recordings at a decent price! Not like promo-only @ £40 each video.

It's no wonder peeps are downloading videos off the like of youtube.

Sad but true!
    Promo only offer a very good service and for the money is 100% worth it:

£10 a week or £40 a month for up to '50' HD videos ...

MixMash were more about 'visual aids' and back catalogue and not so much newer stuff ...

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    MixMash were more about 'visual aids' and back catalogue and not so much newer stuff ...
    Not sure about that. When I subscribed, I'm sure they had pop, dance, indie and r&B etc every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Not sure about that. When I subscribed, I'm sure they had pop, dance, indie and r&B etc every month.
    Oh well ... MixMash URL now re-directs to Promo Only anyway
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

I placed a last minute order and was very well 'looked after' by them as they cleared out what they could. I had been pretty loyal to Mixmash ahead of P.O (I too never felt like they were lacking for new material). Will have to visit PO now whenever I need to add to my small but growing library...