Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: XPRS Console

Guys, how are you all finding the consuls. I see there is another company producing a similar product. Would like to see them side by side but dare say this will not happen. Quite fancy this setup.

My XPRS console is great! Bought the gantry as well as it allows me to fit a lot in a small foot print. The other console out there is a cheap looking copy IMO. It does not fold like the xprs and instead slots together. There is an XPRS lite coming out at a more affordable price but same look.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

The Opti stand is the new thing at the moment. I saw it at BPM and the first thing I thought was that LiteConsole must have gone cheap all of a sudden. The welding looks awful, it seems flimsy and - dare I say it - the plinths look dangerous with their exposed sharp edges. Only after looking into it did I realise that it wasn't made by LC.

The Opti does have the advantage of expansion and I suspect that's why so many people at BPM were using it at their stands. You can add an arch to it, or loads of other things. It does seem that the only limitation is your imagination with this.

The Opti is wider than the LiteConsole. On an LC, you can fit two CDJ 1000s and a decent size four channel mixer snugly. The idea of the Opti is to fit the those units in there whilst still in the coffin case and a bit more wiggle room. I find the LC more than sufficient in width for my needs and bearing in mind that we sometimes work gigs where space is at a premium, a wider stand may be a step in the wrong direction.

The LC folds out and you add the shelves and panels, taking less than 3 minutes for me to set up fully. The Opti comes in parts and needs to be built. RSD has made a video for each stand of how to build them, and the Opti is certainly a lot more fiddly (velcro for the front panel is certainly a headscratcher). The shelves on the Opti are metal (as opposed to LC's plastic) but there isn't a bottom shelf. The LC Lite will also be missing the bottom shelf, I believe. I use that shelf myself, but I also know know a lot of people who don't so it's neither here nor there.

Transportation wise, the LC has the UDG bag (which I do not rate) and you can get a flightcase from the Flightcase Warehouse (which, whilst monstrous, is what I have). The Opti, as far as I have seen, doesn't have anything like that yet (I may be wrong).

The Opti is blatantly based on the LC and when I spoke to Nick at BPM, he did mention that LC may take legal action as the LC is patented. I'm wondering if it is similar enough to take such action, but then saying that when I first saw the Opti, I thought it was an LC. Who knows what may come of that?

In my honest opinion, the LC is superior. It's costs about £100 more than the Opti and whilst the latter is far more customizable, is that really what we as mobile DJ's need? People always comment on how great my LC looks and I like to think that I have an impressive light show around it. The LC is the best investment that I have ever have to buy a replacement, it will certainly be an LC over the Opti.

Have to agree with Benny and it's nothing to do with being one of the Lite Console brigade - I don't know much else about it but from the pictures it looks really cheap (almost like a Maplin knock off of a LC)

I've never seen or heard anyone claim about any of the Lite Consoles look cheap whether in person or looking at pics online and with that being the case - there's a good chance punters are going to think it looks cheap too so you're left with a fiddly, expensive, cheap stand which again by the looks of it is nowhere near as sturdy as the LC.

I've just had a look at the add ons and most of them are ridiculous.

For an 18th or a 21st you might get away with it but unless you're going to go mad with soft lighting (and whether that's even possible) who wants a tonne of trussing decked out at their wedding or birthday party?