Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oxfordshire Wedding Disco - Your Views!

I think if I was able to pull off my initial plan of having it all automated and behind the scenes (so the customer just puts in the venue post code, start and end times and gets a price, without seeing the maths) would have achieved that, but you are right, it did need to be a lot less messy.

Appreciate you taking the time to give the feedback, push things forward and all that, much appreciated!

I really like it.

However...you're Oxfordshire Wedding Disco so how come you don't have a dedicated page for weddings?

I guess I can understand that because it's a website dedicated to weddings the whole site is wedding-centric, but I still think you need a focal-point.

Your own pictures really are terrible, hopefully with the arrival of your new camera you should get some cracking pics.

I do think that some of the pages really are an "after-thought" and look totally unfinished. Take the Karaoke page for example; a nice stock image and just 31 words.

This is why I don't bother with separate pages for the services I offer, look at my "additional services" page -> http://www.discofever.co.uk/additional-services/

Again, look at the Early setup page...a picture of you and your daughter and 26 words of text. Whilst it's a great pic, what has it got to do with early setup? In fact, what image could you use to describe early setup? If you can't think of one then don't bother, just put the early setup text on a dedicated weddings page.

Other than that, I really liked it.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    what image could you use to describe early setup?
    A picture of the gear being set up by someone wearing pyjamas and yawning ?

I really like it.

However...you're Oxfordshire Wedding Disco so how come you don't have a dedicated page for weddings?

I guess I can understand that because it's a website dedicated to weddings the whole site is wedding-centric, but I still think you need a focal-point.

Your own pictures really are terrible, hopefully with the arrival of your new camera you should get some cracking pics.

I do think that some of the pages really are an "after-thought" and look totally unfinished. Take the Karaoke page for example; a nice stock image and just 31 words.

This is why I don't bother with separate pages for the services I offer, look at my "additional services" page -> http://www.discofever.co.uk/additional-services/

Again, look at the Early setup page...a picture of you and your daughter and 26 words of text. Whilst it's a great pic, what has it got to do with early setup? In fact, what image could you use to describe early setup? If you can't think of one then don't bother, just put the early setup text on a dedicated weddings page.

Other than that, I really liked it.
    Fair comments all round there Ian. The services bit was something I wasn't entirely cool with, and shared the same thought about the Me picture to "visualise" early set up, I'll have a play around with how that is laid out over the weekend.

How do you mean when you mention a dedicated Wedding page? I'm not sure what I could put on with it without repeating Home page content...

Katman - No one needs to see that picture of me!!

The navigation could do with tweaking IMO, once you've reached the bottom of the page there's no option to move to another page without scrolling back to the top. Why not turn the 'menu' you already have at the bottom left of your pages into active links to access the content of the rest of your site?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    The navigation could do with tweaking IMO, once you've reached the bottom of the page there's no option to move to another page without scrolling back to the top. Why not turn the 'menu' you already have at the bottom left of your pages into active links to access the content of the rest of your site?
    Good shout, will take a look at that. Its a responsive template, so adjusts automatically to the screen size its being viewed on, I'm not sure this issue exists so much on the smaller screen view, but its worth looking at, Thanks for that.

Looks good, I am looking forward to having my new additional site built by Mike in due course.

Thanks Jamie, love the responsive template, just really need to get some pictures which do my show justice now...typically, I have a quiet weekend or two coming up before Wedding season returns in August!

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    A picture of the gear being set up by someone wearing pyjamas and yawning ?
    Haha! Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    How do you mean when you mention a dedicated Wedding page? I'm not sure what I could put on with it without repeating Home page content...
    As an example, have a look at my site. It's dedicated purely to weddings...however, I still get enquiries for non-weddings too...

http://www.discofever.co.uk
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Haha! Brilliant!

As an example, have a look at my site. It's dedicated purely to weddings...however, I still get enquiries for non-weddings too...

http://www.discofever.co.uk

I see what you mean. I have two sites, which I plan on keeping, which should cover most of those bases, but I must say, I really liked looking around your site!....interesting