Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Contract virgin!

Threaded View

Default Contract virgin!

This is a follow up to my esignature thread.

As I have posted previously, I am now after many years of DJing looking to start sending out contracts and T&Cs. I just want to make sure I have it all correct before I start. I have a couple of questions that hopefully haven't been asked before

(1) Has anybody (although you may not know this) had a potential client scared away by having to sign a contract (I am thinking about "smaller" bookings, say village halls or kids parties?

(2) I am working on a contract at the moment (thanks for your help Daryll )
    Does anyone think they could be a lot shorter and less scary looking! I know they are there to help us as well as the client.

(3) I take it the process runs like this (a) Client phones or emails to make a booking. (b) You email a contract/T&Cs. (c) They esign it, or print it off and post it back and either bank transfer the deposit or post a cheque with contract. (d) When the deposit is received do you then confrim in writing or does everyone email the confirmation?

Now it may be that I am making it harder than it actually is, but I just want to get it right, and wanted your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MikeW; 11-07-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Spelling edit