Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Can someone confirm who this might be....

Default Can someone confirm who this might be....

Last minute email from tomorrows bride....

Can anyone confirm who this might be by?

"We would like the last song as Gary and I leave to be Have I told you lately, but it is the old fashioned version, I think maybe by Frank Sinatra, but it goes something like... have I told you lately, you look so stately... ending in something like... have i told you lately, how much your husband loves you! Nobody in my family knows it/who it is by, so hopefully as you are an expert, then you will know what I am going on about!"

Just off to search now, but naturally would feel better if others confirm the one they might be on about.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Not sure about the rest of the lyrics, but there was a song with the 'Have I told you lately that I Love You' in the lyrics by Jim Reeves (My Dad was a big Jim Reeves fan), so it might be worth looking in that direction.

Correction: I've just had a look - no it isn't the Jim Reeves song, but I'd bet it's the Tony Bennett track with the same title! (But different song).

There's nothing about looking stately in the lyrics (it's lovely, not stately), but it finishes with the "Have I told you lately How much your husband loves you?" bit.

Lyrics:-

Often through the day as I work away I resolved to get home early with roses for my girly And kiss her hand Her lips, her nose and say
    Have I told you lately You look so lovely Each time I see you My heart melts away
    In the rush of little Everyday things Sometimes you don't say things You mean to say
    Have I mentioned lately I'm glad you took me Instead of hooking someone With the million or two
    When I think of all the girls I could have been stuck with I sure was in luck with The one I drew
    Have I told you lately How much your husband loves you?

Thanks Angela
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Good call, Angela!

For Neil, and anyone else looking for a track where you know a lyric but not the title, Google is your friend. I use it by typing 'lyric "<insert lyric here>"' and pressing enter. Obviously, don't type the ' bit!

The search results usually bring up the site www.metrolyrics.com which is a very good site for finding tracks like this. In fact, it's the number 1 result when searching for Neil's lyric:

Google results
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!