Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photography Pics

Default Photography Pics

As a few of you may know i started doing photography and i was wondering what people thought of my pics ?

Please feel free to comment on the pics and not on the models...

*Link Removed*

I know its a facebook link but not sure how i can share the pics without flooding the site lol

Cheers Dave....
    Last edited by Shaun; 27-08-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Link removal
    Dave

It's great that you're starting something new but I would be really disappointed with those wedding photographs. I really don't think you're ready to capture what will be the most important day of somebody's life.

It looks very amateur at the moment. Like everything, I'm sure in a couple of months/year they'll look ten times better.

Can't you do shoots for up & coming models to go in their portfolio? Taking on weddings is a bit risky at the moment IMO.

Some of the photos you've uploaded too aren't suitable for a business FB page. If I was a bride looking for a photographer, I wouldn't want to see someone's hair arse.

As Charlie said, nothing to write home about with any of those photos I'm afraid, they all look very amateur!
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Crap (sorry to be so blunt but not sure how I can dress that up any differently).

So many photographers out there you really need to up your game if you wish to get anywhere with it.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Do you work for 'Razzle' Booche? LOL

Thankyou
    Dave

I do a lot of amatuer stuff myself the biggest problem i see is incorect exposure values. What f stop and shutter speed are you using you may want to experiment with a faster lens or indirect flash.
    I like to make use of available light sources or bouncing flash to get a more natural effect.
    Also I notice the lens is not suited to portrait you need a 1.7 - 2.8 f stop with a 50mm for best portrait. It allows better depth of field and the lower f stop is hand for providing highlights an nd filter can be used in daylight to prevent over exposure.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    I do a lot of amatuer stuff myself the biggest problem i see is incorect exposure values. What f stop and shutter speed are you using you may want to experiment with a faster lens or indirect flash.
    I like to make use of available light sources or bouncing flash to get a more natural effect.
    Also I notice the lens is not suited to portrait you need a 1.7 - 2.8 f stop with a 50mm for best portrait. It allows better depth of field and the lower f stop is hand for providing highlights an nd filter can be used in daylight to prevent over exposure.
    It all depends on where i am as to what values i use, ive got a 50mm on order some of them are edited to what the models wanted ie: lighten the skin tones etc etc
    Dave

Well done first of all for trying somthing new and not sitting around complaining about the state of the ecommony.

Like any trade you need to start somewhere, and that is indeed right at the bottom, so its not surprising that your photo's are not on par with a seasoned pro. However, if you intend to charge a fee for your services, then the client will expect a certain standard.

I would suggest offering your service for free for a few weddings to gain more experience, and get out during the day and take photos - lots of them of buildings and people and try various settings. Learn photo shop if you have a PC or appature if you have a mac.

See if there are any courses available near you, college courses are cheap enough.

I wish you all the best with it!

Sorry, have to agree with everybody else, not good, not good at all.

Nowhere near what is needed to charge somebody for a professional contract.