Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: My New and first draft website

Default My New and first draft website

Hi all,

I've just made version 1.0 of my website, after finally coming up with the very original company name of Hunter Entertainment.

My market is parties and the like, so it rightly so does not show any content aimed at couples who are looking for a wedding DJ.

There is a testimonial page that is currently offline pending some content, at which point I will publish it.

The back office booking systems are all live along with contact form and newsletter signup. So unless anyone thinks I am missing anything I should be ready to go?

Any and all criticism/feedback welcome after all you are the experts in the field.

www.hunterentertainment.co.uk

..helps when I include the URL

I might be missing something here but I'm not sure how we can give you feedback on your website without you linking to it???

Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I might be missing something here but I'm not sure how we can give you feedback on your website without you linking to it???

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 14.20.03.png
Views: 206
Size:  20.8 KB

The only thing that stood in a negative way was the wording.

lights, 2x massive speakers and myself
    , not sure on the word massive , apart from that , not bad.

Daryll
    Last edited by Daryll; 24-09-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

My thoughts:

1. Don't bother with putting the smoke machine on as an upsell unless you have significantly fewer smoke alarms in venues in Scotland than we do down in the South West!!

2. Don't bother with the introductory discount unless you're prepared to be selling your services to clients at this rate for the next 5yrs. A better approach would be to set your standard rate at £250.00 and give an introductory discount to £175

3. I'd drop this from the bottom of your packages page : "Starting from £200 for a 5hr (cost maybe less for performances less than 5hrs)" Just leave it that you can provide custom packages to meet any need and ask people to get in touch to discuss their requirements.

4. From http://www.hunterentertainment.co.uk/certification.php - "Insurances?

5. Don't bother listing out specifics of your equipment in your packages - punters won't know one light from another as long they both flash.

6. If you've got them, a few photos of what customers might actually get when they book you will help them visualise what they're "buying" and encourage people to book.

As a general point, it might be worth getting a couple of people to run through the text across the site for grammatical correctness. There's a few places where I'm not sure about the phrasing, use of punctuation and plurals (though I'm not an expert on written English).

General appearance though is fine.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    The only thing that stood in a negative way was the wording.

, not sure on the word massive , apart from that , not bad.

Daryll
    Your right that's an oversight, I have obviously been imagining more of a face to face encounter where I could gauge if that sort of language was appropriate. In the online forum it would be better to play it safe and avoid any potential negative impact. It's opinions like this that help thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    My thoughts:

1. Don't bother with putting the smoke machine on as an upsell unless you have significantly fewer smoke alarms in venues in Scotland than we do down in the South West!!

2. Don't bother with the introductory discount unless you're prepared to be selling your services to clients at this rate for the next 5yrs. A better approach would be to set your standard rate at £250.00 and give an introductory discount to £175

3. I'd drop this from the bottom of your packages page : "Starting from £200 for a 5hr (cost maybe less for performances less than 5hrs)" Just leave it that you can provide custom packages to meet any need and ask people to get in touch to discuss their requirements.

4. From http://www.hunterentertainment.co.uk/certification.php - "Insurances?

5. Don't bother listing out specifics of your equipment in your packages - punters won't know one light from another as long they both flash.

6. If you've got them, a few photos of what customers might actually get when they book you will help them visualise what they're "buying" and encourage people to book.

As a general point, it might be worth getting a couple of people to run through the text across the site for grammatical correctness. There's a few places where I'm not sure about the phrasing, use of punctuation and plurals (though I'm not an expert on written English).

General appearance though is fine.

Julian
    1. I imagine not the case, which is a shame as the impact is improved greatly with this

2. This has been a challenge in how I set the appropriate rate and ensure I am still value for money but also break the market. More research is obviously required.

3. Noted

4. Well observed.

5. This compounds my fears that an equipment page may have too much jargon for the average customer.

6. I need to increase the quality of my on the job photo's they are nowhere near as good as I would like but this will be part of the future evolution of my website.

And grrr to my old nemesis that is grammar. Thank you Julian for a very comprehensive review, it's very much appreciated.

For anyone that didn't get the address my apologises that was a slight oversight, it is www.hunterentertainment.co.uk

Umm...I don't understand the need for quite possibly the worst music video in recent times...party all the time. Especially when you get to 1'30", the sex scene. Plus, it's also not the real eddie murphy
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

My firs thoughts were, nice layout on home page... scrolled down to the Sound Interesting part and then to a Testimonials Header... with Coming Soon underneath.

Until you have some... remove the header!

Also, I don't think the video you have on the packages page really sells your service being in a living room and all.

Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    Umm...I don't understand the need for quite possibly the worst music video in recent times...party all the time. Especially when you get to 1'30", the sex scene. Plus, it's also not the real eddie murphy
    Good song though. I will replace this with a promo video although the hotel I have agreed to use as my filming location is fully booked all month so I'll need to overcome that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    My firs thoughts were, nice layout on home page... scrolled down to the Sound Interesting part and then to a Testimonials Header... with Coming Soon underneath.

Until you have some... remove the header!

Also, I don't think the video you have on the packages page really sells your service being in a living room and all.

Tom
    Good point although I am in the process of contacting my previous clients to get some reviews.

A shiny new video with mixing skills and musical choice is coming soon...