Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full time job?

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    Quite right. You can't just expect that to happen. That's the rose-tinted dream. So you agree with me. Not mindless at all then! The OP is clearly where you used to be (ie driving alongside djing at the moment). It took you 30 years and it may take him the same sort of time. It obviously depends on your outgoings and what you need. Good luck to him and I trust he will continue get helpful advice on how to get there.
    I don't see why you got so touchy.
    I did highlight the sentence that got my back up, I did not see why you should make a comment like that about full time DJ's. We do not overcharge and as with a lot of the full time DJ's on here we charge a fair price that has been evaluated by comparing the prices locally and factoring in equipment replacement, music costs, PLI, PAT and all aspects of providing a professional show. I work mainly Thursday to Sunday nights and probably do a lot more hours in total than a 9-5 guy as I can not switch off when I am not DJing as there is paperwork and phone calls to make and receive.
    So hopefully this answers your comment "I dont see why you got so touchy"

Oh and it has not taken me 30 years to get here, I went full time after a couple of years in 1985, I meant to say I have been DJing 30 years in total, if you want something, just go for it
    Last edited by BossmanKaraokeDisco; 30-11-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

I said " lot of guys THINK they can charge silly money at the weekend and sit in front of daytime TV the rest of the week." We all know it doesn't work like that. You most of all! So we are still in agreement. You just misinterpreted my post as pointed out by another member.

Thanks everyone... I'm a bit more confident that it is actually possible now, (with alot of hard work) I've picked up some regular kids discos/kids entertainer bookings so thats a start, and i was pondering doing bouncy castle hire also, which i see someone mentioned, however as with seemingly everything the competition is intense!

The aim currently is fairly realistic i think, I'd like to cut the day job down to three days a week and go from there, il get christmas and 2012 out the way and have ago!