Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: What a great booking??? not!

Default What a great booking??? not!

OK, so I am not usually one to warn others about scam emails as I generally feel that you would need to be very very nieve to fall for the ones that get posted. However, I had the following and it is a little better than most - although most deffinately a scam as I got it three times from different email addys:

Quote Originally Posted by an email
    Hi,
    I'm a single parent and I want to request for your assistant towards my child. I have a daugther and she will be 16 in December 10th so I want to give her a sweet sixteen birthday and I want it to be a surprise for her and that is the more reason am requesting for your assistance in other to plan her birthday ahead.

I also want you to know that I'm a contractor and I travel alot. My company just won a new contract in NJ,USA and I won't be around for a while so i'll like plan ahead for my daugther upcoming birthday.My daughter is based in UK.

As have said before that I want to surprise my daughter against her sweet sixteen birthday so I need a good Disco DJ and entertainer to perform on her 16th birthday.

I would like to know how much you charge.
    Your Present residence address and phone number.
    Your professional and educational experience.
    I await your humble reply.
    Regards
    Alex Brown
    Add to that that the subject box was as follows:

Enquiry from Kyotee Advertisment: DJ

I got it too. Compared to most I've seen, their grasp of the English language is improving .

Yup, me too, yesterday.

What did you two quote?:teeth:

i got one yesteray " i am planning a party for my son to be held in new jersey england" .......delete.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Got one today asking for a quote for a party in Portadown..... and yes it was a spoof!

Had one a couple of weeks ago for disco equipment hire for a disco in LA lol

That one has been doing the rounds for about 2 weeks now, I used it in a spoof post (#24) here
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries