Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intuit Card Reader / Intuit Pay to be discontinued!!

Default Intuit Card Reader / Intuit Pay to be discontinued!!

Howdy Folks,

Just thought I'd share a little discovery I made today, which might be useful for those of you wanting to take mobile/telephone payments, without the whole visa-text thing!

www.intuitpay.co.uk - Free Chip & Pin card reader, works via Bluetooth so nothing to attach to your phone. 2.75% per transaction cost (same as iZettle). Only drawback is that it's not available for Android as yet (apparently its around 3 weeks away), but the rep I spoke to advised that the Android app will work fine with the reader, so it's worth getting these while they're still free.

Additionally, they give you access to a virtual terminal to process card payments online, which might be handy for telephone deposits etc.

We've just ordered a couple of these for our account managers, so I'll update the thread when we've received and tested them.

Hope this is helpful

I've just signed up... worth a go!

Cheers for the heads up
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I've just signed up... worth a go!

Cheers for the heads up
    Ditto!

Signed up and tested taking a payment through the virtual terminal. Works absolutely perfect.

Thanks for the heads up Lee. :-)

No worries guys Thought I'd better mention it as in the T's & C's it mentions their initial stock of 2000 units, and once they're gone, it's £99 per reader

As it currently only works on Apple iOS devices, I assumed it could be different technology that utilise Android devices when this is available. I was going to wait to apply for an account for this reason but then I realised that, unlike other similar devices that physically connect to the phone, this one uses BlueTooth (BT) instead to make a connection so this would make it easier to connect to any Android BT device. I've given it a go, anyway, to pre-empt the release of the Android version and we'll see what happens.

Incidentally, as it's from Intuit, I'm more inclined to believe the claims that are being made regarding this. Before Microsoft made it's accounting software free (now discontinued) I used to use QuickBooks from Intuit and this was a good professional accountancy package which I'd highly recommend. The company make some good software and I've no reason to think that the InuitPay system would be any different.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thanks Lee for spotting this one.

I've signed up too and although I'm a Blackberry user it'll be great to take payments over the phone and via my ipad
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I spooted the ad for that on Facebook today so will have a proper check out of it now, cheers for the heads up.

They declined me

Although I don't know my credit score I'd be willing to bet it's much better than average.

I've e-mailed them to find out.

We got accepted quite quickly, but I think that may be because we're a limited company - not sure though.

Worth finding out though, as their credit scoring is apparently more lenient than iZettle's according to a few forums I've seen :s

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    They declined me

Although I don't know my credit score I'd be willing to bet it's much better than average.

I've e-mailed them to find out.
    I was declined as well, And I know my credit score is top notch.