Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 core cable

Quote Originally Posted by addoaddo View Post
    H07 cable is a bit of an overkill for internal wiring of lighting, yes it is tough but heavy, I would go for h05 cable which is slightly smaller. H07 cable should be used for all outside runs. I also use it for the main runs to the wall sockets as they are often walked on.

1mm cable is OK for short run and is the best size to fit in to an IEC plug / socket. Although the plug is rated at 10A the fuse will most likely be 13A which is OK with this cable.

The best source of cable is either 10out10 in London or my local Screwfix depending on quanity.

I find that it is often cheaper to buy the readymade cable from CPC as these have moulded plugs which are more reliable than screw terminals. They are so cheap that if they fail a test you just bin them.
    Thanks for your input, is there any chance you could put a link to these sites please, will have a look. And as you say the screw terminals are fiddly to attach the cable too.

Thanks
    Tommy

Just out of interest, does anyone know where to obtain 13A - IEC cables ready made with moulded plugs in either rubber or cold weather high flex cable for a sensible price. I have some CPC ones which are fine in warm weather, but stiff and akward to use/coil in the cold.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

As Addoaddo says H05 is nice, it's smaller and so when making your own you will get the cable into the clamp, H07 is a lot bigger and you will struggle big time or may find it impossible on some connectors to even get the clamp on.

It can be a bit more difficult to find H05 but a google searh should find some.