Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: A conversation with

Default A conversation with

This week I have been interviewed by a wedding blog and produced a small mix for them too.

If you are interested in what makes me tick as a DJ, my top albums and what I love then take a look
    (the mix is also pretty cool for some weekend listening)

http://www.lovescarlett.com/a-conver...-matt-southam/

Default A good read!

Very interesting, and quite a few points of contention in there too! I do love a good musical debate

The street dancers production sounds interesting!

Off The Wall is a great record, and very underrated as the power-pop of Thriller and Bad kind of over-shadow it.

I must admit I did buy 'Justin Timberlake - Justified' because the singles were all so good, but was heavily disappointed by the rest of the album. Have yet to listen to the new Daft Punk album, largely down to the lead single being very average IMO.

Thank you.

Music is always a great debate because its mostly subjective. It would be very boring if we all liked the same stuff.

I tried to answer honestly rather than just giving the "cool" answer. I am personally loving the Daft Punk album and really like the single. Its prob the Nile Rodgers influence in it as I am a Chic fan too (hence C'est Chic appearing in my albums list) and with the vocal by Pharrell (N.E.R.D. are another of my favourite bands) its a winner :-)

Matt