Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Buying from abroad query

Default Buying from abroad query

I'm looking for a mobile charger for my Surface tablet. Initial enquiries suggest there are none in the UK, but Shenzen is awash with them. Has anyone had experience of buying from China and the like on ebay? Will the price shown be the price I pay? Or will it arrive here at the price shown, and then be held to ransom by UK customs, for an inordinate sum? Its value is only around a tenner. Thanks for your help
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've ordered plenty of stuff from China, mainly small bits and pieces. I've never had a problem and only one trade turned bad, but that was down to the ambiguity of the description.

Ironically, there's a lot of Chinese stuff on eBay that's actually sent from within the UK. Yes, it's a Chinese seller on eBay, but it's shipped from a warehouse somewhere in the UK. Don't ask me how it all works because I don't know

Quality of the stuff can be a bit of a lottery, but overall i've been generally satisfied and happy with the balance of quality Vs price.

Hope this helps.

Jem

I think you would be very unlikely to be charged customs duty on such low ticket purchases, I never have, Quality on the other hand is a bit of a lottery, I've had some great bargains but also some poor items, They are usually willing to refund you if you're unhappy, but the cost of this is prohibitive. I've seen press reports of some chargers being poorly designed, and presenting a fire hazard (I think these were phone chargers though)
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

As above
    Lots of stuff bought, can be a while to arrive but only let down once & I got a refund for that!

Thanks lads, may give it a whirl. Jem, I've seen that myself, with what lok like Chinese sellers, but item location UK. Perhaps they bring a container load in at a time, and sell it from a warehouse, Makes financial sense maybe.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk