Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: amp problem

Default amp problem

hi there, i have a crown LPS 2500 power amplifier , about 3 years old , i had a gig friday turned on the power button and unusually the fault light (yellow ) came on and stayed on ! yellow fault light still remains on -anyone got any ideas how to remedy or something i have done to trigger fault light

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    hi there, i have a crown LPS 2500 power amplifier , about 3 years old , i had a gig friday turned on the power button and unusually the fault light (yellow ) came on and stayed on ! yellow fault light still remains on -anyone got any ideas how to remedy or something i have done to trigger fault light
    Often, this is an indication of a speaker fault, rather than the amp itself. Can you try different speaker leads, and/or speakers and see if the fault persists?
    On my Studiomaster amp, the fans ceased to function, and the fault light on one channel would light after a few minutes, as the heat built up, so have a listen to see if the fan or fans are running.

After that, I've got nothing more, sorry. Next step would be take it to a repairer.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

This needs moving from jobs offered section to technical help really
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.