Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wired Mic

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    A mic is one of the most important tools a DJ uses, regardless of how often you use it. Why you'd want to spend less than £20 on one is beyond me!

The PG58 is around £50 and adequate IMO.
    Heard good things about that mic. So wondered if anyone had used it on here for more opinions. Now have another suggestion to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by velocityroadshow View Post
    Thanks all I'll have a look at that mic and might head into my local store tomorrow to try a few out.
    I forgot to mention THIS place in my reply, they carry a huge stock of pro equipment and have excellent demo facilities, the last time I was there they couldn't do too much to help me, I was well impressed. They do have a large range of mics on sale including budget ones, as well as the quality brands, their prices are discounted too, ie Shure PG48 - £30, Shure PG58 - £45, Shure SM58 - £87 they are situated almost next to the Nottingham IKEA store, and no, I'm not on commission.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I forgot to mention THIS place in my reply, they carry a huge stock of pro equipment and have excellent demo facilities, the last time I was there they couldn't do too much to help me, I was well impressed. They do have a large range of mics on sale including budget ones, as well as the quality brands, their prices are discounted too, ie Shure PG48 - £30, Shure PG58 - £45, Shure SM58 - £87 they are situated almost next to the Nottingham IKEA store, and no, I'm not on commission.
    Cheers but that would cost me a fair bit in petrol haha. Good for other people who come across this though.

Quote Originally Posted by velocityroadshow View Post
    Cheers but that would cost me a fair bit in petrol haha. Good for other people who come across this though.
    You can order online, postage would be £2.50 according to the website, obviously it depends what you can find locally and the price, as to whether or not it would be worth it.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Exactly what I need, a wireless convertor for a SM58. Do you have a link to something suitable?
    Yes the only things for the money I could find were in china and you need to 30 so may do that and sell them on.

Senniser do a good one although its a bit lump and AKG (I think) a bit cheaper?
    Your looking at £150 or £300 roughly for the wireless system vs £70 for the one i have found, which is still good (following a thorough test).

Sorry forgot about this one - good for the price but a limited range.

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-...FRDItAodxz0AHQ

I would not disregard the PG58 as its still a good mic and much cheaper.
    Last edited by yourdj; 23-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I've been using these http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=85 for the past year or so. I much prefer them to either our SM or PG 58s.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Yes the only things for the money I could find were in china and you need to 30 so may do that and sell them on.

Senniser do a good one although its a bit lump and AKG (I think) a bit cheaper?
    Your looking at £150 or £300 roughly for the wireless system vs £70 for the one i have found, which is still good (following a thorough test).

Sorry forgot about this one - good for the price but a limited range.

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-...FRDItAodxz0AHQ

I would not disregard the PG58 as its still a good mic and much cheaper.
    Many thanks, much appreciated... Oh, and sincere apologies for the thread diversion