Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Make your own gigbar.....

Default Make your own gigbar.....

If you were making a gigbar what lights would you have on it? The criteria is it’s your only lighting rig for the majority of your events, is to be kept assembled and is light enough for one person to put on a stand.

What if you used similar lights to the gig bar. How much do you think we could do it for.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    If you were making a gigbar what lights would you have on it? The criteria is it’s your only lighting rig for the majority of your events, is to be kept assembled and is light enough for one person to put on a stand.
    4 par cans along the top, 2 led moving heads hanging underneath. It'd be heavy, but manageable on my own.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    4 par cans along the top, 2 led moving heads hanging underneath. It'd be heavy, but manageable on my own.
    Mine would be very similar, but I'd swap out two of the pars for a centrepiece, such as a Jellydome or a Quad Phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj brummie View Post
    What if you used similar lights to the gig bar. How much do you think we could do it for.
    I got to £415 without a case, strobe, cables or any sort of DMX control. Two ADJ pars, two Mini Kinta derby’s, £99 diffraction laser and a generic lighting stand and crossbar.

To be fair I think it would be difficult to create a similar unit with decent brand lights for the same or less cost (plus the time to programme it all) - so it’s good value if that’s the sort of thing you want, I can see the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I got to £415 without a case, strobe, cables or any sort of DMX control. Two ADJ pars, two Mini Kinta derby’s, £99 diffraction laser and a generic lighting stand and crossbar.

To be fair I think it would be difficult to create a similar unit with decent brand lights for the same or less cost (plus the time to programme it all) - so it’s good value if that’s the sort of thing you want, I can see the attraction.
    Already done a similar sum. It's good value. Expensive, but good value.

Apart from our power crazed Scottish friend, when you consider it, the most suitable effects are two pars for colour wash, a cluster laser for coverage, and two derbies for movement. Moonflowers don't have the same coverage as scanners, but the physical shape of scanners rules them out.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Soud alike a fun project! The best thing I did was develop a nice prewired bar - especially handy fortnight turn arounds!! Got it down to 15 mins now which is handy at some venues! I remember people laughing at me (with only 5 lights) when overheads and tons flights were all the rage!!

Below is my mk4 lighting rig - I use this at most gigs but have a range of other lights too and a second bar with more lasers etc. Comes in a big flight case & wireless DMX so can be set up across the room. One cable powers the lot and it goes up in seconds. That half metre light on the top is super bright, but I also include a number of wireless DMX battery uplights on control too for room colour fade & a blue Lanta cluster. comes with cake/mirrorball light too. i need to put a second one on at some point.

Weighs next to nothing - no issues putting it up even perhaps one handed if not too high.

Name:  TOBY-LIGHTING-RIG.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  51.9 KBName:  TOBY-LIGHTING-RIG2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  52.1 KB

Here a demo from earlier this year with 6 of my older up lights (115 watts each now vs 60-70):

Last edited by yourdj; 19-12-2014 at 02:28 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Sounds like a fun project! The best thing I did was develop a nice prewired bar - especially handy for tight turn arounds!!
    I've been doing the same thing since last Feb. 2 x Acme Cougars (moonflowers), 2 x Jellydomes (giving wash and movement in the room) and a 1m Stairville megabar ripoff on top. As with Toby, all wireless DMX so I can put it anywhere in the room.

Cost of all of the fixtures new would be around £580 + the bar and stand.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Below is my mk4 lighting rig - I use this at most gigs but have a range of other lights too and a second bar with more lasers etc. Comes in a big flight case & wireless DMX so can be set up across the room. One cable powers the lot and it goes up in seconds.
    What are the ADJ lights in the middle?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I have a homemade par bar with a couple of moving heads placed on my desk. Which is soo much quicker than what I did before.

Could do with upgrading my old par cans and maybe putting some sorta of dotty something for the dance floor.

Not sure I want to hang moving heads though.... Hmmm

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD