Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Email error code 554 MTA's Poor reputation

Hybrid View

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

I do Malware sweeps on a regular basis as suggested but did another one anyway and there was a naughty little Trogan horse on there! This has now been removed so I'll do the blacklist removal thang and see how we get on.

I'll also be contacting my host to get them to sort anything they need to. As for contacting the email recipient.....I'll give them a call

Thanks for the help
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Paul, from the error message you pasted in, I'd say this was an issue with Talk Talk's mail system as the incoming mail server rather than your own outgoing mail server. The error gives the incoming mail server details, after all. Have you had any issues sending mail to anyone else? If your own host is blocking your emails then none would go out. If it's only Talk Talk customers you can't email then it's their blacklist, or one of the Spamhaus lists that they make their decisions from, that is causing the problem.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Paul, from the error message you pasted in, I'd say this was an issue with Talk Talk's mail system as the incoming mail server rather than your own outgoing mail server. The error gives the incoming mail server details, after all. Have you had any issues sending mail to anyone else? If your own host is blocking your emails then none would go out. If it's only Talk Talk customers you can't email then it's their blacklist, or one of the Spamhaus lists that they make their decisions from, that is causing the problem.
    I'm sure it's a Talk Talk problem as everything else is sending fine. I've spoken to the client now so all is good.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs