Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The unlucky timing of illness

Bringing up an oldish thread , doing a gig for Gary tonight , in camberley , I have had a nasty cough for around 4 weeks , put that down to a touch on bronchitis , er.................no , went to the doctors yesterday , apparently I have COPD
    https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you/copd/what-is-it , should be an interesting night...lol , and I fly out to Spain on monday , then on wedensday on to the canary Islands, still as they say , The show must go on.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Sorry to hear that you've been suffering mate. Thanks for doing the gig and I hope it all went well.
    Go and enjoy Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Bringing up an oldish thread , doing a gig for Gary tonight , in camberley , I have had a nasty cough for around 4 weeks , put that down to a touch on bronchitis , er.................no , went to the doctors yesterday , apparently I have COPD
    https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you/copd/what-is-it , should be an interesting night...lol , and I fly out to Spain on monday , then on wedensday on to the canary Islands, still as they say , The show must go on.

Daryll
    Hi Daryll, sounds a bit like asthma, which I have.

I have been using inhalers for many years and that seems to do the trick.

Hope it works out ok for you, you might need to tell your holiday insurance people of this ( if you have any although I guess they would exclude the condition )

Take your EU Medical card, although not sure if it covers Canaries.

Eeeeee....not good Daryll

Smoker/Ex-smoker? (not necessarily I know.....I run the risk from vaping, but it's one of the main resons I quit smoking!)
    Hope it's only a mild version and doesn't cause too much grief in the long term

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Take your EU Medical card, although not sure if it covers Canaries.
    The Canaries are Spanish territory so your EU card covers you for treatment in the state health care system but not the private sector, you need to ascertain the status of any medical facility you intend to use or risk a huge bill if you haven't taken out holiday insurance.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    The Canaries are Spanish territory so your EU card covers you for treatment in the state health care system but not the private sector, you need to ascertain the status of any medical facility you intend to use or risk a huge bill if you haven't taken out holiday insurance.
    Thanks for that info, If possible definitely take private cover.

And if getting treatment ASK FIRST if its private or EU funded.

Friends have been ripped off like this in Spain.