Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Microphone Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    but would it attach to the square uprights on the equinox stand? .
    Square? Square?

In a word, no!

One huge advantage of round poles is that you can rotate things on them to the best position. Square indeed! Never heard of such a thing. Harrumph.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Perhaps you could express your disgust directly to Equinox at BPM. Unfortunately I'm stuck with square poles unless I fork out on a new stand and that's unlikely for the time being.

If the mixer will fit under the laptop stand it might just all fit on the shelf but it will be a tight fit!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  70.0 KB

How about one of these http://www.novopro.co.uk/novopro-lap...ble-stand.html
    I have a laptop and Hercules rmx on the stand and my Numark CDmix Bluetooth goes under.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    How about one of these http://www.novopro.co.uk/novopro-lap...ble-stand.html
    I have a laptop and Hercules rmx on the stand and my Numark CDmix Bluetooth goes under.
    Yeah, that would certainly work although having already got one laptop stand, a cheaper single tray version to go above the iPad would probably suffice. I could put the Wifly on the new stand and the mixer on the Numark stand and still have space below it for my mic and headphones.

to help with microphones we use a small alesis mixer, output from the denon also goes into it then into the amps. particularly good if you need to run multi microphones with different eq.
    we both have different voice characteristics and also can then use one of our other mics for the speeches etc if needed. we don't use the ducking facility on the denon 6000 for us this works great.

I must admit that I find the ducking on the MC6000 to be useful but I'm sure I can just use the channel gain slider instead, like many DJs do, and learn to get by without it.

I suppose if you regularly use three microphones I can see why you would need to go out into an external mixer. Personally, I can't see any instances where I would ever need more than two, which can be separately EQ'd on the MC6000, so if I was happy using the MC6000 and Serato or Virtual DJ, I could happily get by without an external mixer.

Out of interest.... do you notice any deterioration in the sound quality running it through the Alesis mixer compared with running directly out of the MC6000?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Leave the mixer at home and buy one of these:

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Leave the mixer at home and buy one of these:

Problem solved.
    Yeah, that could be the answer.

Going from one quality bit of gear to another - in analogue - there should be no noticeable change in sound quality so long as your gain structures are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual77 View Post
    Think I may have found a solution. I've just bought a Mackie 802VLZ4 for what looks like a bargain price on eBay. It has a small footprint and XLR outs so it should fit the bill and if it doesn't I think I should be able to move it on without losing anything.
    I have the Behringer version of that - dead handy having a mini mixer, especially as an Aux in for back up!!
    I would not consider using my controller (VCI300 mk2) for mic use.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/